• This topic has 39,835 replies, 1,030 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 38,721 through 38,760 (of 39,836 total)
  • The Coronavirus Discussion Thread.
  • singlespeedstu

Anyone here 50+ in Scotland had an invite for a second booster?

Klunk
    Free Member

Mrs Klunk tested positive today, probably picked it up @ granddaughters (as her mother tested +ve today as well) birthday party. I’ve got a headache and feeling lethargic but no fever or other symptoms (glad we go a booster 2 weeks ago) so assuming I’m infected.

MoreCashThanDash

Riding buddy tested positive yesterday, we did a short pub ride Tuesday night but I seem to be OK so far.

Definitely more of it about, noticeably more people wearing masks around Nottingham as well in the last couple of weeks.

Bunnyhop

Hubby and I got a booster each at a local ‘walk in’ centre yesterday.
    Older friends and relatives that have contracted covid recently, seem to be getting off lightly, as they’ve been jabbed, but my younger friends that have had covid have suffered a bit more, maybe because they haven’t had their booster.

scotroutes

My Mrs had her weeks ago but that’s because she is immunocompromised. Just now waiting to hear if she’ll be getting a third booster. There are certainly other 64+ second boosters happening at the moment (along with flu jags). I’m 64 next month so expecting flu + C19 jags before the end of the year.

longdog
    Free Member

@Singlespeedstu I’m in Angus and no invite yet.

imnotverygood

You can definitely book a booster if you are +50 in Scotland. I had mine last week. Didn’t wait for the invite.

kormoran
    Free Member

@Singlespeedstu I am in Inverness, no invite yet (54)

longdog
    Free Member

Our health board is saying you have to wait until you’re contacted. https://www.nhstayside.scot.nhs.uk/YourHealthWellbeing/PROD_355361/index.htm

Sandwich

Flu in the left arm, COVID (Pfizer) in the right arm for balance.

Scapegoat

Started with a lot of snotting and sneezing Wednesday evening, LFT went positive in less than a minute on Thursday morning. I had it back in October of last year, so the old Delta variant, and am triple jabbed, awaiting the call for my 4th. Mrs Scape had it back in June, but we were able to stay apart sufficiently for me to escape it. She had her 4th jab a month ago (works at a foodbank and support centre so is classed as “frontline”)

Bizarre thing though, since I got the Delta variant last year my sense of smell had been dulled/lacking, but since Wednesday I have got it back!

Symptoms are very runny nose, bit of earache, some fever and lethargy which has sent me to bed for most of Friday. Timing suggests I got it at a wedding last week.

iancity1
    Free Member

Caught it for the first time this week (I’m in Northumberland). 2x kids birthday parties last week presuming I got it from that. Bit of a cold then felt terrible Tuesday, burning up, felt better since then but lack of energy and cant taste a bloomin thing!

MrOvershoot

Sandwich

Flu in the left arm, COVID (Pfizer) in the right arm for balance.

This morning Flu in the right arm COVID (Moderna) in left arm. I’ve always had my Flu jab in my right arm! Not sure why but that’s been the way?

So I’ve had AZ x 2 then Pfizer & now Moderna are there any others I can get so I can shout “HOUSE” 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Bizarre thing though, since I got the Delta variant last year my sense of smell had been dulled/lacking, but since Wednesday I have got it back!

Clouds and silver linings etc

Booked my booster for next Saturday afternoon

wheeliedirty
    Free Member

I tested positive on Tuesday, it was my first time and TBH I was beginning to wondering if I’d ever catch it.

Felt dreadful on Tuesday and slowly ran through the list of major symptoms experiencing them all apart from loss of taste. By today, Saturday, I’m back to normal.

felltop

I’m 54, didn’t wait for the invite- logged in to nhs inform, which allowed me to booked covid booster and flu jabs at my local centre. Mind you, I think that may be where I caught Covid……

Bunnyhop

We didn’t wait for an invitation (here in England) for covid booster. Popped into the nearest ‘walk in centre’.
    Flu jabs booked for end October.

matt_outandabout

@singlespeedstu
    – no, but clan_oab have all had our boosters and flu this last few days due to mrs_oab being vulnerable. 👍

singlespeedstu

Thanks for the reply’s guys.

somafunk

Age 50, immunusuppressed and still waiting on my booster and flu jab so phoned last week to enquire about it and was told it should be sometime in November when the district nurse gets round to it. Lack of staff and resources blamed for the delay in my area (dumfries & galloway)

montgomery
    Free Member

Just had my flu and Covid booster at the GP after being contacted two weeks ago (Calderdale, aged 55). They rang me again last week to say they’d run out of Covid so I booked one online for Wednesday at a Halifax pharmacy, now cancelled as it turned out the GP did have it after all.

Having worked right through Covid without catching it (that I know of), I take the same attitude to the jabs that I do to the energy freebie handouts: I’m not asking for them, but I’ll take them if they’re free and the process is easy to negotiate (which it has been).

fossy

MrsF tested positive whilst I was in Wales collecting all the bikes from our caravan. Got a lads MTB weekend coming up in 4 days, so needed the bedroom back as we’re taking 5 bikes down, and need sleeping space. Suspect she picked it up at work, as the only place we’ve been is out for a meal last Tuesday. Place was rammed though. I’ve had a slight cold, nothing much for a few days, but her test went positive immediately. Just tested myself this morning, negative.

She’s holed up in the bedroom, feeling a little rough and running a temperature. I’m sleeping on the settee to ‘try’ and avoid over exposure to it – I want my lads biking weekend – not done it for 12 months.

fasgadh
    Free Member

60+ and waiting

Kryton57

Booked my own and got the Pfizer booster today at 12:30, mainly on the basis that I’ll be at a large expo on the 4th Nov so want to ensure I’m protected / if possible not contagious. Bloody hell it’s hit me a bit, typical man flu symptoms have dropped upon me over the last couple of hours.

I hope it goes away, I’m up at 04:45 for a 2 day meeting with our Execs!

AD

Local surgery helpfully came into the factory where I work today to vaccinate everyone over 50 who wanted it.
    Really good take up. Just waiting now to see if I have any short term effects…

matt_outandabout

Well covid just cocked up a Spey descent by canoe that we’ve been planning all year. Our friends both just tested positive for Covid.

Ffs

fazzini

Well covid just cocked up a Spey descent by canoe that we’ve been planning all year. Our friends both just tested positive for Covid.

Ffs

Yup. Due to drag the shed across to the Lakes for the school hols with Fazzini-jnr-jnr, and me and Mrs Fazzini both positive for CV. FFS

Kryton57

My aches and pains turned out to be some kind of other virus, mixed in with the vaccination. I’ve had a sore throat and cough for a few days, muscle aches have gone but tested negative twice.

thelawman

It’s probably been mentioned upthread already, but tracking that down can be difficult… just can anyone confirm my suspicions here please? I’ve just had the letter in the post to say “You can book your autumn booster now”, but having had a very mild dose of Covid a couple of weeks ago, I suspect I might as well delay the booster for 2-3 months or so at this stage. On the basis that I’ve probably got more than enough natural immunity for the timebeing. Sound sensible? (I’ve had the initial 2 jabs and the 1st booster)

daveylad
    Free Member

Fully functional immune system here at 52, so no jabs or boosters.
    Will report back if I get a mild sniffle.

somafunk

What a geezer, I bet you have women lining up to bear your offspring

jam-bo

Fully functional immune system here at 52, so no jabs or boosters.
    Will report back if I get a mild sniffle.

cool story bro.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Fully functional immune system here at 52, so no jabs or boosters

The virus jumped species to infect humans, maybe it can infect trolls.

trailmonkey

After months of docs putting my illness down to covid/ asthma complications, it now turns out (after a camera up the nose and down the throat) that I have silent reflux.

Not sure which diagnosis I prefer.

ernielynch

Not sure which diagnosis I prefer.

Really? Silent reflux isn’t a big deal. I was diagnosed with it fairly recently, just by symptoms no camera required, I found some of symptoms such as the constant feeling of something in my throat and slight problem swallowing quite worrying for an ex-smoker, it was a huge relief when it responded to reflux treatment.

I can’t remember what I was given, some sort of antacid, it resolved the problem very quickly and to my surprise permanently.

I believe that a hiatus hernia is often the cause and I don’t think that can be fully rectified without delicate surgery.

If you are overweight losing weight may cure it.

Edit : Phlegm was an issue so I can see why it might be misdiagnosed as asthma.

trailmonkey

Really? Silent reflux isn’t a big deal.

It has been for me. I haven’t been able to ride my bike at all for 5 weeks, can barely talk beyond midday unless I rest my voice totally, have felt unwell since the end of May and very unwell for the last month.
    As it’s finally been diagnosed then I hope that I can get the right treatment and sort it out. I’m on PPIs and Gaviscon Advance( the ENT department advised that) and Dr Google suggests gargling on Bicarbonate of Soda. Diet seems to be the overwhelming factor though so I’m getting some reading on that on Monday.

MoreCashThanDash

Got boostered yesterday with what feels like it may have been a knitting needle, and now enjoying an afternoon to myself in front of the telly box with gentle waves of lethargy washing over me – more so than a usual Sunday afternoon.

Happy that I’ve topped up on the antibodies from my summer infection though

timba
    Free Member

snip…but having had a very mild dose of Covid a couple of weeks ago, I suspect I might as well delay the booster for 2-3 months or so at this stage. On the basis that I’ve probably got more than enough natural immunity for the timebeing. Sound sensible? (I’ve had the initial 2 jabs and the 1st booster)

IANAD. The new Moderna jab is bivalent, original flavour and new omicron, and would be a bonus if you haven’t had one or the other. You’ll need to check whether you need to delay following infection

Jamze

The new Moderna jab is bivalent, original flavour and new omicron

We got the Pfizer bivalent, both seem to be available. Plus the flu jab so two sore arms.

I assume all the UK Autumn booster jabs are still BA.1 flavour rather than the later BA.4/5 ones they are getting in the US? I did think about waiting until we were next in the US and getting a booster there, but it then gets complicated with your NHS COVID Pass.

longdog
    Free Member

Just been on the radio that flu and covid vac for over 50s with no health conditions in Scotland starts tomorrow.

Viewing 40 posts - 38,721 through 38,760 (of 39,836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.