• This topic has 39,835 replies, 1,030 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 32,881 through 32,920 (of 39,836 total)
  • The Coronavirus Discussion Thread.
  • MoreCashThanDash

I’m double jabbed and have had Covid so I’m basically invincible now anyway 😛

And tough shit on anyone you might infect who isn’t?

grum
    Free Member

A step too far as in undermining confidence in vaccines/vaccination generally amongst young people and fuelling conspiracy theories I suppose.

And tough shit on anyone you might infect who isn’t?

Eh? Not sure where you’re getting that from. What else am I supposed to be doing exactly?

piemonster

Speaking of the infected. Spent 6 hours in a car on Saturday with someone that’s just tested positive.

Dont fancy my chances 🤨🤷‍♂️

grahamt1980

You might be ok, our 6yr old started coughing over the weekend and has given a +ve lft this morning, wife is negative and i will do one in a bit. Doesn’t seem to be a given that you will catch it esp if jabbed

winston
    Free Member

We need to get kids jabbed asap.

My 14 yr old just tested positive last night. Prob caught it at the fair where it doesnt take a genius to see hundreds of kids all screaming and shouting at each other is going to lead to high transmission.

My older daughter has been jabbed as have bkth of us so it will be interesting to see whether we catch it.

Dont understand what they are waiting for. Either you have some kind of normal life with max vax or you keep social distance.

MoreCashThanDash

Dont fancy my chances

We had 14 days in close proximity to Jnr and none of us caught it, jabbed or unjabbed. It seems to be increasingly random, or vaccines are restricting how easily it gets passed on?

kelvin

Dont understand what they are waiting for.

Stocks of Pfizer or Moderna… and balancing up how to use it (kids or boosters).

dantsw13

There have been zero vaccination shifts available with my trust since mid July. I wish they would just say “we are waiting for vaccine” instead of pretending any delay is for medical reasons.

kelvin

I wish they would just say “we are waiting for vaccine” instead of pretending any delay is for medical reasons.

But the vaccine procurement is the one thing the government got right. To admit that we have totally understandable delays in getting vaccines is a political non-starter. We just have to accept that, and read between the lines. My only worry is that parents will be put off by the “will they won’t they” stories, especially those not aware that all comparable countries cracked on with vaccinating teens over the summer break, when we didn’t have the supplies to do so here.

kimbers

12yr old vaccinations were always coming

And Johnson showing standard of leadership we’ve come to expect on vax passports

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1437374925921267727?s=19

MoreCashThanDash

Schrodinger’s Covid Passport?

theotherjonv

Unless I’m misreading this, this is an astounding success. Why is not having the vaccine even a debate for the majority of the population?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58545548

Out of more than 51,000 Covid deaths in England between January and July 2021, only 256 occurred after two doses.They were mostly people at very high risk from illness from Covid-19

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I agree. I saw that story and thought what a resounding success.

ferrals
    Free Member

That’s a phenomenal stat!

mudmuncher

Unless I’m misreading this, this is an astounding success.

I’m all for vaccines, but it nowhere near as impressive as it sounds when you think about the details.

The vast majority of those 51k deaths would have occurred in January or February when there were very low numbers that were double jabbed and had the time to build immunity, so you can’t really draw too many conclusions.

theotherjonv

Very good point, thanks.

kelvin

The vast majority of those 51k deaths would have occurred in January or February when there were very low numbers that were double jabbed and had the time to build immunity, so you can’t really draw too many conclusions.

That’s entirely the point, isn’t it? Without the vaccination rollout over the last 10 months, people would probably be dying at rates similar to January right now.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

The text doesn’t match with the numbers in the graphic.
    Graphic

kelvin

Rubbish journalism?

From the ONS:

In England, between 2 January and 2 July 2021, there were 51,281 deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19); 640 occurred in people who were fully vaccinated, which includes people who had been infected before they were vaccinated.

we define a “breakthrough death” as a death involving COVID-19 that occurred in someone who had received both vaccine doses and had a first positive PCR test at least 14 days after the second vaccination dose; in total, there were 256 breakthrough deaths between 2 January and 2 July 2021.

singletrackmind

Mates stag weekend
    6 out of 8 have come dowm with covid, despite all 8 being double jabbed months ago
    Close proximity with time in mini buses, hotels and taxis etc
    He’s ok witj flu like symptoms for 72hrs then signs of improvement
    He reckons one person had it and all claimed to have done a latetal flow test 24hrs prior to the weekend

Think im going to be wearing my face mask and using hand gel for a while yet

Kryton57

Can we talk about kids vaccinations? It looks as though I’ll shortly have to make a decision to vaccinate my 12yo or not. Is there any links or stats to the “rare” heart problems that have been found? I’d like to make an informed decision.

As above regardless of the actual numbers the percentage of dying is small, making the percentage of double-vacc deaths within absolutely tiny. If that doesn’t convince people to have the vaccine I don’t know what does!

Oh and, Johnson Valance and Whitty are presenting the Winter plan today, although not sure if Boris will send Javid considering the sad passing of his mother. I wonder what we’ll see.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Local NHS has stopped all staff nights out after an emergency dept hen night wiped out the dept.

Visiting now stopped too in all but essential cases, and non essential surgery canned.

And I go down south and folk ain’t even wearing masks, **** mental. Sorry but a stag weekend in a minibus is utterly bonkers.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Is there any decent evidence yet of effect on transmission of delta from fully vaccinated folks? I remember around early summer studies were saying there was a 50% reduction in transmission of Kent variant, but not seen anything on delta?.

dudeofdoom

Local NHS has stopped all staff nights out after an emergency dept hen night wiped out the dept.

Visiting now stopped too in all but essential cases, and non essential surgery canned.

And I go down south and folk ain’t even wearing masks, **** mental. Sorry but a stag weekend in a minibus is utterly bonkers.

Must admit sat in Spain wondering if the U.K. is ahead of the game or just gone down the rabbit hole.

Bunnyhop

local bakery closed due to covid, dentist had 2 dental nurses off after testing positive, hubby’s 18 yr old niece brought it home, his brother and sister in law all have covid. Luckily all have been doubly vaccinated and just have flu like symptoms, typically the 18 year old got off very lightly with a light cough and cold.

I dread to think how this would have panned out without our wonderful scientists.

Kryton57

And I go down south and folk ain’t even wearing masks, **** mental.

Must admit sat in Spain wondering if the U.K. is ahead of the game or just gone down the rabbit hole.

Don’t believe everything you see, the above kind of sweeping generalisation is neither representative nor accurate and doesn’t help anybody. He means “some” folk I hope, which would be more accurate, And, of course they are not legally obliged to despite the common sense basis of doing so that some of us consider to be appropriate.

Jamze

Can we talk about kids vaccinations? It looks as though I’ll shortly have to make a decision to vaccinate my 12yo or not. Is there any links or stats to the “rare” heart problems that have been found? I’d like to make an informed decision.

ukgov info…

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-myocarditis-and-pericarditis-information-for-healthcare-professionals/information-for-healthcare-professionals-on-myocarditis-and-pericarditis-following-covid-19-vaccination

This popped up on Twitter responding to the articles in the press recently, based on a pre-print that was basically a word-search of VAERS data…

matt_outandabout

I am noticing a drop in Scotland’s figures at the end of last week – this is cases and serious cases – after a month of sharply rising figures.

This is compared to a slow and steady rise in England and Wales’ figures.

Dare I suggest the holiday makers have stopped importing it?

Or are we across the central belt from Ayrshire to Fife (the worst for cases in the UK) mingers…?

Murray

@Jamze, thanks for pulling the info together. I will re-read with my 13 and 15 year old and will be advising them to get vaccinated. They’re old enough to be part of the consent process – NHS link to children and consent

MoreCashThanDash

BBC News had stats on the risks of Covid v the jab in youngsters last night, but seemed to be comparing the risks of ICU or hospitalisation from Covid ie the few exceptional cases against the chances of any myocarditis, including the very minor cases.

The reporter explained this in his voice over but the graphic that the hard of thinking or easily panicked would focus on seemed very misleading to me. Just really sloppy reporting/presentation.

scotroutes

And I go down south and folk ain’t even wearing masks, **** mental.

Local Aldi on Monday. 6 folk not wearing masks. Bit of a shock after 18 months of 100% compliance. Yes, they all had “non-local” accents Matt. 😉

Also, why do away with social distancing, one way, screens between till queues etc? Were these things really such an imposition?

We truly have given up.

TiRed

FDA position on vaccination of children posted here https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-will-follow-science-covid-19-vaccines-young-children?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

Basically they take review seriously and expect vaccines to be given according to the approved label. It would appear that the UK seems to have more than one regulatory for medicines, the official one (who doubtless will subscribe to the above mantra) and the others… Current use of vaccines for adults in the UK is “off label” already.

thols2

grum
    Free Member

Dare I suggest the holiday makers have stopped importing it?

I don’t think that many people go on holiday in Glasgow do they?

matt_outandabout

Also, why do away with social distancing, one way, screens between till queues etc? Were these things really such an imposition?

We truly have given up.

Agreed. Just odd to remove things that have minimal hassle.

I don’t think that many people go on holiday in Glasgow do they?

2.5 million visitors a year a swift Google suggests.  I’m surprised!

Many in Greater Glasgow do work in hospitality – the barman/waiter on Islay this week was from Paisley, travelling for a week at a time.

kelvin

I’ve been on holiday to Glasgow twice before. And will do again when we’re not in a pandemic.

kelvin

Minister at the dispatch box being heckled and jeered by his back benchers every time he mentions masks during his announcement.

dudeofdoom

^ yep weird……

Jamze

Tory backbenchers according to the radio 🙄

binners

He said that he was simply listing the ‘contingency plans’ they’re considering for the winter

Sounds like he’s actually laying the foundations for Lockdown 3

Clearly the Tory backbenches thought that, anyway.

Viewing 40 posts - 32,881 through 32,920 (of 39,836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.