• This topic has 39,835 replies, 1,030 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 28,361 through 28,400 (of 39,836 total)
  • The Coronavirus Discussion Thread.
  • stumpyjon

Trailwagger, I got that,ended up getting my second appointment in Manchester whilst the first is in Blackburn, had to try several times to find somewhere with 2nd jab availability. It also told me when I first logged in I’d missed my first jab so would have to book again, I’m 49 so only eligible from today. Crap IT from our government, who’d have thought it. Still happy to have the jabs booked, didn’t get a lot of choice (none) on dates, first one is May 3rd, 2nd is July 24th, about 12 weeks apart.

chrispo
    Free Member

Cardiff and Vale NHS are now offering vaccines to the over 30s. Remarkable

Labour government, butt

j4mie
    Free Member

Has anyone else had covid after having had a vaccine?
    Had first vaccine 7 weeks ago and have always been really careful if I go to the supermarket, not been out anywhere else!
    Feeling shocking today. Got a test booked for tomorrow morning but wouldn’t surprise me if it turns out to be that….

dantsw13

Wow looks like slots have gone quickly!!
    I booked for my wife last night 1st jab Thursday, second Jul 2. We are due to go sailing in Greece on Jul 18.

DrJ

We are due to go sailing in Greece on Jul 18.

You are Stanley Johnson AICMFP 🙂

Sandwich

‘Interesting’ word choice on BBC news on the combining vaccines trial currently underway. Apparently the trial is to ensure that this process is ‘safe‘, whereas I would expect the trial would be to determine if it is an effective use of resources.

Some of the reporters choices of language have been truly dire.

Sandwich

I wouldn’t expect to be going anywhere abroad this summer, unless you like Heathrow’s Premier Inn or Travelodge for a £1700, 10 day stay on your return!

dantsw13

We will have to wait and see. If it’s hotel quarantine we shan’t be going. Tests and self isolation then possibly. Way too early to call it yet.

freeagent
    Free Member

Yep, my work buddy is currently isolating at home with mild symptoms – i spoke to him yesterday, he said that if he’d felt like this pre-pandemic due to a cold he’d have probably struggled into work, but does feel pretty rough.
    He had the vaccine about 5 weeks ago – he picked up COVID from visiting his Dad in hospital (who has now died from COVID)

Looks like he’s also given it to his 18 year old daughter.

j4mie
    Free Member

I wouldn’t expect to be going anywhere abroad this summer, unless you like Heathrow’s Premier Inn or Travelodge for a £1700, 10 day stay on your return!

That’s only red list countries though. So if you do visit a red list country then you can presumably get a cheaper/better hotel for 10 days before flying home.

I need to go to Kenya in November so not in a major rush, but would like to go somewhere at least.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah one of our friends got it about 5 days after her first Pfizer jab, who can say what impact it had, but she had a ‘mild cold’ for about 48 hours. Her un vaccinated Husband was a big rougher and their 7 year old didn’t notice, but did test positive. The sad/scary thing was their 2 year old didn’t get it, but tested positive about 3 weeks later, so they spend a long time in isolation!

She’s doing twice weekly LFTs so found out before she got sick.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Well if you decide to travel to a ‘red zone’ country then you should expect the full hotel isolation treatment when you get back.

I’ve got 2 trips booked this summer, both postponed from last year. I will have had both jabs before I go, which might or might not have a bearing. If my destination is Green zone I’ll go, if it’s amber or red I won’t because my Wife can’t WFH and the kids would kill me.

dantsw13

My wife can wfh and I’m exempt quarantine rules with my job – rule 1 applies though and I am tested almost daily now.

We will also take a sensible view on it at the time. Both fully vaccinated by intended travel date, but not kids, obvs.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cardiff and Vale NHS are now offering vaccines to the over 30s. Remarkable

Labour government, butt

I’ll be honest, whilst Labour is better for the NHS than the Tories, it’s far better when Government leaves them alone entirely.

The government largely left AZ and Oxford alone, apart from giving them cash it was pretty much the same with the roll-out, the NHS along with the MOD and the likes of St. Johns providing support have shown what the NHS is actually like and can actually do and not the tabloid newspaper version of things.

Track and Trace, PPE supply all that stuff when Government was involved, pretty much one disaster to another. Of course Boris, the knob likes to say “NHS Track and Trace” and “our Vaccine rollout” but it’s to be expected.

MoreCashThanDash

. If my destination is Green zone I’ll go, if it’s amber or red I won’t because my Wife can’t WFH and the kids would kill me.

What if it moves to Red while you are there?

Not trying to wind people up, genuinely curious as to whether people are factoring it in, given how suddenly decisions get made.

dantsw13

MCTD – personally I keep a very close eye on infection rates etc anywhere of interest to me. It won’t go from green to red in 7 days.

If things are getting worse in my destination then I’ll make a call.

Murray

. If my destination is Green zone I’ll go, if it’s amber or red I won’t

I’ve got a colleague who’s gone to India for a wedding (postponed for a year). Given the rate of increase there he may unfortunately find him going there when it’s green and returning when it’s red. Not good for a family of 4.

jam-bo

/Not trying to wind people up, genuinely curious as to whether people are factoring it in, given how suddenly decisions get made.

by sudden, do you mean too late, weeks after the evidence points that way and in a blind panic?

dantsw13

If India is green then Im afraid the system is a joke.

For example last summer I also sailed in the Greek Islands. Rates there were, and had been low. I was self isolated on a boat and ate at outside Tavernas.

This year you can add pre/post flight testing and vaccination to the list of measures.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Being in the 45-49 age group I booked my jabs yesterday. I logged on mid morning and had no problems at all. Choose my nearest place which happened to be a high Street pharmacy and looked like I had every slot to choose from. Left me thinking had everyone been rushing to the big vaccination sites? Anyway, I should be away from crowds (except it’s Streatham high road) and booked for Monday and then July for the second. I’m excited. Fingers crossed the nearby SA variant outbreak doesn’t get me first.., or after.

Genuinely seems that the vaccine roll out is they one thing we are doing well.

MrSmith
    Free Member

except it’s Streatham high road

didn’t fancy crystal palace stadium then? I’m not a fan so went elsewhere.

joepud
    Free Member

Anyone know any more about the SA variant thats apparently on the rise in London? Little about it in the news apart from “surge testing” taking place.

P-Jay
    Free Member

What if it moves to Red while you are there?

Not trying to wind people up, genuinely curious as to whether people are factoring it in, given how suddenly decisions get made.

I guess we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, I expect by then we’ll know more.

I think it’s probably unlikely anywhere will go Green to Red, Green to amber is a risk, but we’ve (as in my Wife and I) are willing to accept some risk. Actually now I think about it, my wife would be exempt anyway and if I wanted to, I could claim the same, but as I can WFH I wouldn’t.

Sandwich

by sudden, do you mean too late, weeks after the evidence points that way and in a blind panic?

All quite possible, given our inept executive. It is quite feasible that a late halt on holidays could happen due to worsening conditions abroad as happened with France last holiday season.

theotherjonv

Anyone know any more about the SA variant thats apparently on the rise in London? Little about it in the news apart from “surge testing” taking place.

Covered on previous page including TiRed’s response to it:

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/wheres-the-coronavirus-were-all-going-to-die-conspiracy-thread/page/709/#post-11841825

MoreCashThanDash

You may think that, I couldn’t possibly comment.

But they have form….

joepud
    Free Member

Covered on previous page including TiRed’s response to it:

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/wheres-the-coronavirus-were-all-going-to-die-conspiracy-thread/page/709/#post-11841825

OH sweet, thank you. Forum is still a little buggy for me.

dantsw13

My wife is in a complete flap over the AZ now. She’s due to have it tomorrow and has just said she isn’t going to
    “Why are all these other countries saying it’s not safe for under 50/60, but here it’s fine?”
    The whole thing is such a mess.

imnotverygood

It’s not a mess. They seem to have a good idea what risk of the vaccine poses. Very Low. If other governments want to panic then that’s their lookout. People here should base their decisons on the information available here.
    Denmark earlier today…
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-56751489

dantsw13

It is a mess. The government is so untrusted and that has crossed to the government’s experts now too. Why are we right & Denmark wrong!

Don’t get me wrong, I think she should have it and I’m a little upset over the whole issue. Personally I think her viewpoint is selfish, but I haven’t said that at home because it won’t help.

joepud
    Free Member

Why are we right & Denmark wrong!

Basically where my brain is at. I wouldn’t say your wife is being selfish at all. Keeping yourself safe isn’t selfish. I hope by the time I get called for a vaccine AZ is been canned I get given something else. Im up for A vaccine just not one that has a higher chance of killing me than another one.

kelvin

I had the AZ today. I know we have CountZero’s absolutely heartbreaking story, but millions of people have had this vaccine now… it’s been proven to be safer than just about anything you can get with or without prescription over the counter at your pharmacy. I really think people should be allowed to chose their vaccine now, and accept a delay if that means getting the vaccine they want. There might not be the clinical evidence to support doing so, but if it allays concerns and results in greater take up over the coming months, it seems worth it. Empower people. Let them choose. Get as many people vaccinated as possible this year.

Edukator
    Free Member

On TF1 news there was a report on half used flocons of AZ being thrown away in some places because there are so many cancellations. Madame has signed up for AZ on Friday having weighed up the risks and decided it’s better in her arm than being wasted. Though there’s not much chance of waste locally, they have a last minute system that works as I found out last Friday. Still nothing to report from me on AZ, I’m feeling fine.

neilnevill
    Free Member

No I didn’t see selhurst park offered tbh, nor the place my wife went in Thornton heath, but then there were loads so they may have just been down the list distance wise. Other than I could have done my shopping in the Sainsbury under the home stand I wouldn’t go to selhurst by choice though!

Surge testing is Lambeth and Wandsworth. It’s odd they’ve not issued postcodes but then when they were hunting out the Brazil variant finally found in Croydon it was the same, no news of postcodes to get tested but signs up all around Herne hill and a huge asymptomatic ‘no need to book, just come and swab’ test centre in Brockwell park. All very strange

MrSmith
    Free Member

I was going to go but didn’t fancy hauling on the bars of my 2 speed brompton up anerly hill so went to St Thomas’s which is a flat journey and they were doing walk-ins for groups 1-9 which got me round the NHS database booking issue for recent 50 year olds and done a day early.

I hope by the time I get called for a vaccine AZ is been canned I get given something else. Im up for A vaccine just not one that has a higher chance of killing me than another one.

I would imagine if you drove a fair bit and partook in other lowish risk activities while waiting for a different vaccine you would actually increase your risk of death.

Kryton57

Surge testing is Lambeth and Wandsworth.

And now Barnet N3, and anyone whose visited the high street.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

It seems that Boris Johnson has decided that as India is now suffering a second tsunami wave of COVID some of it capable of dodging the immune system that now would be a perfect time to visit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-india-trip-variant-b1831496.html

You couldn’t make it up.

MoreCashThanDash

Greater risk of dying from Covid than dying from blood clots, as far as I understand it.

MrsSteve had second AZ dose this morning, waiting for the 12 hour delay before any aches kick in.

joepud
    Free Member

I would imagine if you drove a fair bit and partook in other lowish risk activities while waiting for a different vaccine you would actually increase your risk of death.

if you have a problem with my comment come out and say rather than being sarcastic.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Well I’m near to the top of the ridge, upper Norwood, so I’ve always got hill one way or other, although West to st Reatham is the shallow gradient. You’ve reminded me to take the bike though, ta. Best pump the tyres up.

Viewing 40 posts - 28,361 through 28,400 (of 39,836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.