• This topic has 24 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Where's the Boxing thread?
  • Premier Icon sc-xc
    Subscriber

Anyone else watching?

No.
    Listening to Anchorsong.
    Tell us who’s won.

Junkyard

Katie Taylor beats Viviane Obenauf on points

Premier Icon sc-xc
    Subscriber

‘She’s got a deep gash’

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

It’s not even Xmas.

monde

Kal Yafai fight was good. Talented fighter but comes across as bit of a womble. I think the only entertaining thing still to come is which of the pros ringside makes the biggest prat of themselves at the end of the night while in search of the limelight..

Premier Icon sc-xc
    Subscriber

It’s Chisoramas…

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Buglioni fight was good. Can’t believe he pulled that out the bag.

The two fat lads gassing already right now

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

which of the pros ringside makes the biggest prat of themselves at the end of the night while in search of the limelight..

Easy. Bellew.

Haye’s a prat but at least he’ll keep his cool. Wlad is a class act too. Fury will do well to keep his head down. Briggs in the background shouting “Let’s go champ” with everyone else avoiding eye contact with him

monde

He can take a punch can Whyte!

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Yikes. This is pretty damn good.

Two evenly matched fighters that aren’t scared to fight. A rarity in heavyweights nowadays

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

If chisora had a gas tank on him he could finish him but he gasses so quickly

nah hes pacing it 🙂 depends who wants it more.. Whyte has been rocked a bit ride him like a DONKEY

monde

Best heavyweight fight Ive seen in a long time. Properly brutal. Havent got a clue who’s going to take it.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Buglioni fight was mental. Chisora Whyte almost as good! Been worth the £17 even if Joshua kos the bloke in a round.
    And the Smith KO! so brutal Sky were too embarrassed to show a replay!

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Can anyone confirm that David Haye said “Tony Bellend” during the Chisora fight? We were pissing ourselves 😆

yes he did say tony bellend and apologised for the cheeky quip

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

WHAT A FIGHT!!!

two heavyweights going toe to toe. So much heart. I gave chis the edge but can’t argue either way. Will re-watch tomorrow to see if i judge it differently but I thought Chisora did the better work. More damage. That double body shot/ left hook to the head was superb all night. His lack of a gas tank cost him as he had to take a round or two off to recover. Credit to both though

Junkyard

AJ devastating against very weak and uninterested opponent who was not really up for a fight – cannot say i blame him tbh he was just outclassed and outgunned and he knew it from the start

Molina taking lessons from Fraudley.. I like the way they had all the prospective heavyweights in the arena to setup the announcement. I’m expecting the next announcement would be Bruno v Briggs

AJ’s style has changed since having Rob Back in the corner. No cocking the right hand and also a lower guard.

Good win for AJ .. all great fights tonight.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

yep, as i said, the main event didn’t matter after the undercard, wasn’t expecting much from it really.
    Klitschko’s brave! Better fights ahead for AJ – looking forward to him demolishing Joseph Parker.

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Wlad is too old and gun shy. Chins dont get better with age. Too long out the ring, struggles with fighters he can’t bully via size, trouble in his personal life.

Nice final payday for Wlad but AJ in 6 rounds. Once he lands Wlad’s out of there. It’s a long time since Sanders destroyed Wlad and he’s not looked any more resilient. Changed his style under Emmanuel to a safety first approach but that won’t work any more against these big and bigger guys

Molina was garbage btw

Junkyard

Agree AJ has the size and power to beat Vlad
    Not sure that will be any better but i suspect Vlad will at least throw some punches – mainly jabs mind 😉

tpbiker

Having promised myself I’d never buy another PPV event run by hearn with Joshua Vs Cannon fodder as the main event, I relented at last moment as I was sitting around bored.

I don’t particularly rate either white or chisora, and assumed it would be a 12 round hugfest, prior to a total mismatch of a headline event. I was definitely wrong on one account. That fight was so entertaining, both prepared to go out on their shield, and what a pair of chins. Not great fighters but they made it a great fight.

rest of Undercard was good as well, a couple of sickening knockouts, and Yafai looked great.

Also good to see a couple of fighters showing a bit of class in the ring when Joshua Klit was announced. I love the big ukranian lump, don’t like watching him box but he is a nice respectful guy. Joshua takes him out however, youngeer and far more willing to throw a punch. Cant see klit letting much go against him if he was that gun shy against Fury

Finally where was Shannon the Cannon Briggs tonight. Not once did I hear ‘lets go champ’ at any point in the preceedings…disappointing…

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Finally where was Shannon the Cannon Briggs tonight. Not once did I hear ‘lets go champ’ at any point in the preceedings…disappointing…

He was there – they showed him and Bellendew shaking hands. Luckily there were no microphones nearby.
    If anyone missed the Burton-Buglioni fight (or Whyte-Chisora) I’ll see if I can put it up for download or can do you a dvd, (won’t be for a few days though)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Where's the Boxing thread?’ is closed to new replies.