• This topic has 26 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Where's My Gear CRC?!
  • prawny

Any one else had issues with chain reaction recently. Bought a load of stuff from various places at the beginning of last week, I’d got everything by friday other than my CRC order, which is still showing as processing nearly a week later.

I paid by paypal, so they’ve had my money the best part of a week, and I sent them a email on friday but I’ve had no response.

Everything was in stock too, why are they so much slower this week than everybody else?

benslow
    Free Member

I had something ‘processing’ for a while as well.

Took a phonecall for it to start moving again and I got the impression it was a glitch.

CRC ordering/ delivery isn’t as quick as it once was.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Unbelievable! I’ll never use them again. Don’t even have the decency to send one of their staff on here to apologise. Its a disgrace.

maxtorque

I don’t suppose you have actually talked to them about it? Email/phone etc? I mean, far more fun to just to come and moan on here 😉

prawny

Course I did, email anyway. No response. Might give em a call later.

I’m not really moaning, more curious if I’m an isolated case of if they’ve gone down the pan.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ive found larger/bigger orders that gets dispatched via ParcelForce take longer to actually get out the door

llama

Phone them

You do have a point though, they do seem to be a bit hit and miss. My last order arrived in 24 hours (free delivery) but the one before that took 3 days (next day AM delivery).

Jamie
    Free Member

Just to be ‘that guy’, I ordered some shoes from them at 20:27 on 29th May, and they were delivered on the 31st.

Phone them

…and this. CRC are one of those companies who really don’t do email.

wwaswas

when did you acquire your tag Jamie?

llama

I would imagine that emails get queued up in a big pile of emails. Phone calls skip to the front of the queue.

packer
    Free Member

I ordered a load of stuff on wednesday last week at 9am, and only got a dispatch email on saturday morning.
    That’s the slowest I’ve ever had from them so I guess they must be backed-up with orders right now.

prawny

@packer

My order confirmation came through on tuesday afternoon, I win!!

I’ll give them a call tomorrow, I’ll give them a week, I’m in no mad rush now the weekend has gone, and there’s nothing I’m waiting for that need fitting.

ThePinkster

Ordered my seat post about 19:30 Thursday and got a dispatch note Friday morning.

Not received it yet but here’s hoping it arrives sometime today.

My last order, a bulk box of inner tubes, took about 5 days to arrive. This is why I try not to order anything I need urgently on line.

adsh
    Free Member

Ordered Saturday early afternoon, order arrived today by 10am…. did pay the extra £1.99 but even so that’s pretty impressive!

mrbelowski
    Free Member

They seem to sit on orders when you don’t pay extra for delivery. I guess the free delivery is too fast, so they have to come up with some other way to make the paid-for delivery better 🙁

prawny

I’ve had an email saying I can cancel the order now, which I’ve done, I was in two minds anyway. Maybe I should just place the order agian and pay £2 for delivery 😉

hora
    Free Member

I gave up on CRC. Used to order loads from them. Now its the odd thing that I don’t mind waiting >2 weeks for.

ThePinkster

update on my seatpost – it arrived about 3 hours ago. 😀

prawny

My refund came through a lot quicker than my order. So there’s that at least.

I’ve rolled the dice on ebay instead. At least they’ve got obvious feedback to think about.

MSP

I would also like to point out that CRC now don’t seem to understand that notifying parcelforce of a parcel 48 hours before it is actually collected, is not actually the same as being despatched. Don’t send me an “order has been despatched” email until the later happens.

(although they are not the only company now guilty of this)

firestarter
    Free Member

I ordered some shoes on thurs afternoon they arrived fri morning 😉

zerocool

I ordered some kit for the Wife’s birthday on the 19th, it was dispatched on the 22nd and still not arrived. Am waiting for them to reply to my email. To be fair they’re usually not bad although there are times when they have taken ages. I guess a ring tomorrow will be in order.

_daveR
    Free Member

Ordered quite a lot on weds night, went for the cheap postage, turned up Saturday morning!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I would also like to point out that CRC now don’t seem to understand that notifying parcelforce of a parcel 48 hours before it is actually collected, is not actually the same as being despatched. Don’t send me an “order has been despatched” email until the later happens.

I suppose it registers on PF’s system as soon as the franking machine prints the lable? Then the next update won’t be untill it reaches a sorting office, which for CRC orders could be quite local to you in the UK as they sort it before it even leaves CRC. So concievably it might not pass through a barcode scanner and update the tracking for quite a while after leaving CRC?

oldboy
    Free Member

Never had any problems here. Fast delivery every time and a great 365 day free postage return policy for people like me who keep changing their minds!

rocketman
    Free Member

Nope no problems here. Ordered a shitload of stuff from CRC last week Fri night/Sat morning all separate orders to take advantage of vouchers and discounts. Despite the Bank Holiday a few things were delivered on Tues and then an avalanche of kit on Wed it was like Xmas

Awesomez

MSP

That reminds me CRCJFVOXWPC fiver voucher for the first to grab it.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Where's My Gear CRC?!’ is closed to new replies.