• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by grum.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where’s good to eat in Glasgow?
  • TomB

Short break with family coming up, kids are 12 and 14 and quite happy to try new things. I’m looking for recommendations for something tasty that we’d not find in culturally barren north Cumbria. All suggestions welcome!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’m sure there will be loads of recommendations but we were in Ka Pao last weekend and it was fantastic. Small plate Asian food.

mashr

Ha, was just reading the OP and thinking “Ka Pao sounds perfect” then saw the first response

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I follow a curry group on Faceplant & would love to try Swadish on Ingram St. Their chef, Ajay Kumar puts some amazing stuff on YouTube.
    Not cheap eats though.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Swadish is great, been loads of times, not the cheapest, but top grub. (It is well worth checking out his youtube channel btw, his recipes are fantastic, proper from scratch curries, I’ve had loads of them)

I was in Non Viet Hai on Great western road last week, that was great too.

Heading to Chateau-X on Sunday for some steak, but canny review that yet, only other place I’ve been recently is Bar Soba, was good too.

Edit: Tell a lie was in Nanakusa a couple of times too, great food in there as well. Was in Eusebi Deli as well, enjoyed.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Suissi Vegan Kitchen – quite possible the best plant-based food I’ve ever eaten, and it’s not just because it’s vegan. The lotus root crisps are incredible.

macdubh

For trying new (expensive and indulgent) things, six by nico, changes every 6 weeks but mega popular, but you might get a cancellation. More down to earth, best pizzas, Paesano pizzas, west end and city centre. Steak and cocktails, Alstons in Central Station. All a bit more towards the expensive end but your on holiday!

dyna-ti

Mitchells in carmunnock is a nice place for dinner. Its a quiet restaurant, though a bit out of the way so you will probably need the sat nav to find it. Lunches there are also nice.

Heres the menu, see what you think.

https://www.mitchellsrestaurant.co.uk/menu.html

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Was also going to recommend Ka pao!

dyna-ti

I can also recommend Bo’vine in Glasgow west end(Easier to get to/find) Admittedly its been a couple of years since i’ve been in, but the occasions we did visit it was excellent.

It’s obviously a meat joint, but they do vegetarian.

Menu

https://www.bovinerestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/bovine-menu-updated.pdf

stwhannah

If vegan/vegetarian Chinese food is of interest, Lotus on Bridge Street was really good. A chance discovery when we were passing through last summer.

grum
    Free Member

Kimchi Cult is good for casual eating (Korean fried chicken). Bibimbap in town is pretty good also (not tried the Patrick one).

Comet Pieces for maybe the best breakfast/brunch sandwiches you’re ever going to get (no really).

Kaf for takeaway coffee and amazing cakes/pastries.

House for an Art Lover do a very good lunch and is a pretty cool place for a visit anyway.

Single-end cafe (both of them in fact) is good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where’s good to eat in Glasgow?’ is closed to new replies.