Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Wheres everyone riding this weekend ?
  • knottie8
    Free Member

Im undecided but I will be riding somewhere. So where are you lot riding ?

Guilliano
    Free Member

I’m going to jump on the train to Tring and go for a ride from there, through Wendover woods and on into Princes Risborough….. providing I actually wake up at a sensible time. Otherwise it’ll be back up to Woburn Sands. It’s a dull life when you don’t drive!

soops
    Free Member

Cannock today and then the Calder Valley on sunday.
    It’s raining tomorrow! 😥
    But sunny on sunday! 8)

simonralli2
    Free Member

Apparently there’s some horse race on on Saturday so I have to be on call. No idea why – it’s only a horse race. Will prob try and go back and ride the Alcadeisa to Pinar del Rey route that I tried to find via google earth last weekend but ended up getting a tad lost on. Strained my calf muscle at footie on Monday so hopefully that will be cleared up by Sunday.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Group of SBC riders doing Devil’s staircase/Ciaran’s Path this weekend…come on ye weather, BE GOOD!

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’m going here. Not sure if I’ll e ale to get right to the top of the mountains as there is still over a metre of snow up there!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Its currently lovely and sunny at the top of the Quantocks and thick fog at the bottom, but I’ll be there as soon as I finish nights tomorrow morning and most of next week too. 😀

neil853
    Free Member

i think i might do the garburn pass route out of MBR?

atlaz
    Free Member

De-larding myself this week and trying to get fit again so I’m sticking to somewhere I can get home from easily if I run out of energy. Swinley it is 🙂

charlierevell
    Free Member

I’ll be waiting for you to decided…. then making up my mind!

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Peak district. First time I’ve sorted route out. Quite a few Peaks virgins, so it wouldn’t be right not to include The Beast, a ride along Mam Tor ridge & and the descent from Hollins Cross – wanted to end with the Cavedale descent so we could pop straight in the pub at the bottom. Managed to do that, with the help from Crazy Legs:

Park Castleton > Broken Road > Mam Tor Ridge > Hollins Cross descent > Road round toward Hope > Hope Brink > Roman Road > Beast > up Blackley Clough > Clough Farm via Jaggers Clough > Edale > Pennine Way > Jacobs Ladder > Coldwell Clough > Mount Famine > The Roych > Rushop Edge > Farm lane past Rowter Farm – Limestone Way > Cavedale descent > Pub.

Quite pleased with that – thanks Crazy Legs.

I make the route 32.5 miles. I was initially looking at 30 – 40, so might add in a there and back to Kinder Downfall – about another 3.5 miles.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Local super cheeky, super tech ride just south of Halifax on Sunday.

neil853 – I looked at that route out of MBR and I reckon theres a better option. Instead of dropping all the way down to Sadgill, take a right on the bridleway that heads south as you approach the bottom of the descent to Sadgill. This drops through a stream and then climbs up and over the tops and will reward you with an awesome descent although IIRC it might be a bit boggy up top so in fact, it might be better to just follow the MBR route. Doh!

Worth doing in summer though – just one long endless moorland singletrack descent and the bottom section as you head into the woods is mint!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Something local (Somerset) half day. Looks showery Saturday morning here.

Vortexracing

Kirroughtree tommorrow

nukeproof
    Free Member

Off out in the next hour to take in most of the Surrey Hills 🙂

lowey

Not riding at all… mates have “domestics” going. 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

I’ll be riding HONC in the Cotswolds on Sunday.

Tracey

I will be here this weekend

Boards are packed, cant wait

Tracey

barca
    Free Member

Up and down Charity Lane at Macclesfield Forest on Saturday afternoon setting the fork up on my brand new getting it tomorrow from the shop I’m so very excited bike and then Peak District (My house, Hayfield, Castleton, Edale, Hope and back) on Sunday.
    “Woo” and very much indeed “Hoo” 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

on the tarmac this weekend. Wife, 2 kids and in-laws coming back from Spain. Not enough space in the car to pick them up from airport so dropping off the car and riding back. I know 50 miles is nothing for roadies, but it should be fun…

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll be walking around the tox making MX noises as i scope out the eastern hill sides for deer tracks!

baronspudulike
    Free Member

Probably Llandegla as the other half is trying to get into MTB’ing, on one of my bikes, and she’s got good general skills but needs practice with gear selection. Llandegla is never going to offer mud, rocks, roots or anything I can think of where she could possibly fall off, so good for building her confidence.

Good coffee at the end and a perv around the bike shop for me. 🙂

HTTP404
    Free Member

I’m going to try out Bedgebury.

thebone
    Free Member

PORC for me, its making a come back!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PORC is coming back! YAY!

I shall be mostly kicking it rad to the power of sick in a niche styleeeee, pimping it around the smarter parts of that London’s Famous London on a hybrid. A Marin one. A women’s framed one as well. Bike as transport, not as fashion statement!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Baronspudulike, I’ve only ever ridden at Llandegla once, but it’s the only trail centre where I’ve seen someone fall off the board-walk into the swamp. Poor tyre choice I reckon 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

HONCing.

Rex
    Free Member

Tracey – very jealous!!!!

Knottie – I’ll drop you a PM as well, but I can’t ride as Mrs Rex is doing 3 weddings in a row Fri Sat Sun to I am lumbered with puppy-sitting. What a pityful reason not to get out on the bike for a whole weekend, spending my time stopping a flipping dog chewing the furniture. And the weather is amazing and the trails will be perfect, dusty probably, with no plant growth to obscure vision round the corner so you can you as fast as you like, and I’ve just got the 456 set up perfect with higher bars and really want to give it a go, and well, I’m sobbing as I type.

[grits teeth]hope you have a good ride[/grits teeth]

xc-steve
    Free Member

Just got myself a auto-mobile so am planning on visiting my Woodbry Common in again some niche riding of a 20inch BMX wheel on the rear with 29 up front Mad acceleration with the bump absorbingness of the 29er up front, shall be using a Hardtail with a modded office chair attached to it to allow me to drop and raise my seat for tech bits and for climbing, but still allowing the comfort of leather and arm rests for chilling at the top of the hills… “going to be flat out critical”!

And to top it off going to get my Cheese Stake on in Subway down by Exmouth beach!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

this afternoon – a magical mystery tour round lady bower area. i ride there 99% of the time but im going with a mate who has ‘discovered’ a new route. im a bit worried since he is crap at directions and cannot read a map. im also going proper off road on the rigid for the first time!

saturday hockey – yes i know its a girl’s sport – but i lets me get my aggression out 😀

Sunday – not sure, but more peaks fun with some of my mates i havent seen in a while. should be cracking!

sharki
    Free Member

Rex, come walk the mutt with me…i’ll be frying up some heart attack food mid walk and it’s likely i’ll find a pub too, might even put some branches across the trails as i go…

snaps
    Free Member

Staying off the bike Saturday (done plenty this week) Dartmoor ride Sunday.
    Sharki – we’re doing a 12 ish mile walk from Dunster for a change tomorrow morning if you fancy joining us – bound to involve a pub.

johni
    Free Member

Delamere Forest with 9mth old JnrI on his bike seat and MrsI on her first ride in 18months. (Weather permitting)

All terrain pramming at Chester Zoo on Sunday.

sharki
    Free Member

Snaps, sounds like a plan but as i’ve no car i’ll leave for Dunster now…..will check the steam train times now!

IHN

HONC

franki
    Free Member

Wyre Forest on Sunday, I reckon.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Cwmcarn and then picking up my new ride.

upsetter
    Free Member

Sunday – Carron Valley

gusamc
    Free Member

Possibly a train assited one wayer along the Weybridge/Basingstoke canal …
    one calf muscle torn and gf a total beginner – hoping for sun and a nice waterside tea shopppeee………

ChrisL

Kirroughtree tomorrow, Drumlanrig on Sunday.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Wheres everyone riding this weekend ?’ is closed to new replies.