Where you riding this weekend?

Home Forum Bike Forum Where you riding this weekend?

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Where you riding this weekend?
  • Premier Icon clareymorris
    Subscriber

Oh OOh OOh Devil’s staircase Sat, watching downhill Sun πŸ™‚

ade ward

around blenhiem at the triathlon on saturday may do a gentle ride in my ss on sunday

trail_rat

pah you think your so hard smee … im gonna do the snow roads on my fixie on 42:14 with my bob yak in tow with my camping gear (cause pushing up the hills is gonna take me for ever)

Smee

For some strange reason that I cant quite figure out, I appear to be doing the 300km Snow Roads Audax.

I’m sure it’ll be fun on some level.

barca

Dark Peak on Saturday (again).

Premier Icon dawson
    Subscriber

edale, jacobs ladder, mam tor, hollins cross, on saturday with Squiff

druidh

Smee – what sort of bike are you using for these Audax?

And what colour of anorak?

Premier Icon miketually
    Subscriber

Dalby for some race or something

squiff

Wot dawson said ha ha πŸ˜€

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

wot miketually said too.

atlaz

Trying out my new (to me) trance on either the Downs or at Swinley. Might hit Esher Shore too.

carlos

Start at Ladybower, then a loop taking in Doctors gate and Cut gate, a new one for me so should be fun.

taka

hebdenbridge route from mbr tomoz and halifax sailingclub race thingi on sunday

PapaWheelie

Every green (beginner) and blue (intermediate) trail on Mount Seymour on Vancouver’s North Shore.
    I think that gives me two trails.
    *sigh* if only I weren’t a pussy

forge197

Nowhere this weekend non-bike things to do πŸ™
    But did do the Dalbeattie Red in what I thought was a respectable time so that is in lieu of riding at the weekend πŸ™‚

stuckinarut

Test Valley Tour on Sunday.
    Probly get a local loop in on Saturday.

zaskar

Local Riding around Lincoln and Cambridgeshire while visiting folks.

Good luck Smee-some quailty mileage -wish I could do that-another yr…

Weekend shifts dependent I’ll be going for a ride round Margam as its my local!

Travis

Here

Which is 39Β°57’13.92″N Lat, 116Β° 5’50.60″E Long

uplink

I’ll be around here – probably won’t get to ride till Monday though πŸ˜€

Sat: Dartmoor I hope – the medium route from the mag
    Sun: British Heart Foundation Somerset levels Road Ride (pleasant 50 miles charity bimble with friends + many cakes)

Smee

Druidh – bike is carbon colour with something that i’m told is called celeste. Anorak is black.

You have obviously never done on of those events or you would know that they aren’t a pootle.

genesis

Lerning to do jumps and drops at Llangegla with Bob Cambell.

Tonight – Local bridleways around Braunton/Woolacombe (hurrah for long, Summer evenings)
    Saturday – Quantocks with Mrs. Machine
    Sunday – Exmoor on my mtb or a local road ride, depending on weather

druidh

Smee – Member

Druidh – bike is carbon colour with something that i’m told is called celeste. Anorak is black.

You have obviously never done on of those events or you would know that they aren’t a pootle.

I was asking about what type of bike you were using as I’m genuinely interested in the whole Audax thing. I have two road bikes at the moment, but I don’t think either would be ideally suited. I don’t think I could justify a 3rd. πŸ˜€

Smee

Fair enough.

I use a Bianchi 928 carbon number. Fairly relaxed touringish geometry, but goes like stink when you want it to.

big-chief-96

Hebden Bridge and Hardcastle Crags

mk1fan

A gentle ride round Swinley Forest on Saturday – taking the OH and her sister out for their first taste of ‘real’ mountain biking.

Eshershore on Sunday for a few hours, the watching the Grand Prix and the Downhill.

stratobiker

Tonight – Semi-Nocturne VTT Rando just down the road at St Priest Sous Aixe.
    Saturday – Out on the Road Bike with the Rochechouart lads.
    Sunday – VTT Rando at St Sylvestre in the Ambazacs.

sharki

Quantocks sunday pm

simonralli2

I’m going to be running/jogging Mabie’s Darkside without my bike which I collect next Wednesday. I’ve always wanted to see how severe it really is, and figured if I did it on my bike I’d only be carrying it around, so I may as well run it without my bike hindering me.

trail_rat

druidh …as shown today you can audax on anything….

me and smee have done 200k deeside look audax 3 weeks ago and there were recumbrents – mtbs with slick tires – 1970s peugeots – out and out race bikes…. ideally something comfy with skinny tires room for a rack and mud guards … we went round at 29kph Ave

the 300k today imho was easier than the 200k more climbing but more short sharp climbs with rests where as the 200k was just a brutal 70k climb …. my legs were still real heavy from 10UTB last week but once i got them going they propelled me round with an ave speed of 26.4kph … which is above the upper limit so i had to wait on the first two checkpoints opening. i wont say how long i beat smee by since he had a back injury ….

some of them audaxers are nuts … spoke to one guy today who incidently beat me home … he is doing the 1600k LEL in a months time … the pace he was going at today he should walk all over it ! but he says there are guys doing it who are way faster than him !

Smee

Terry beat me by a couple of hours, but he did start earlier and had someone to tow him half the way. πŸ˜€

I considered quitting after 40 miles when my lower back started to spasm, but though what the hell and just kept on plugging away – this decision was made easier by the lack of obvious escape routes. Still managed to average 22kph though which i am more than pleased with.

The sharp end of these events looks more like a road race than a pootle.

Planned to get out but rode the sofa all weekend… darned downpours and spectacles !!!

i’ve been ill πŸ™

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Where you riding this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.