Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Where would you ride?
  • PrinceJohn
    Free Member

If you had a day spare & the choice of the following 3 options…

1 – FlyUp 417 Bike Park

2 – Cwmcarn

3 – Afan

Trying to decide between the 3!

jam-bo

But i haven’t been to 2/3 in about ten years and never been to 1 but not heard great reports.

weeksy

3. Just prefer it… it’s more natural. Fun, twisty, tough, awesome !

qwerty
    Free Member

For uplift: BPW

For trail riding: Cwm Carn if both trails are open, if not Afan.

baldiebenty
    Free Member

All would depend on locality.

FlyUp is my local and I certainly wouldn’t complain about spending the day there, it’d have to be uplift though for a full day. The climb isn’t long but it’s pretty darned steep going in places.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cwmcarn as I’ve not been for yonks and there are new trails (to me) there I think.

or Afan and sniff out the off-piste.

mahalo

#2.

or #3 and look for last weekend enduro stages…

wouldnt go back to #1 tbh.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’d happily spend a day at Flyup 417 but the only reason I’d be there rather than BPW or trying BMCC is because it is significantly closer

Between Cwmcarn and Afan I’d maybe choose Cwmcarn unless a load of it is closed but I’d be equally happy at either.  I’ve only been to them once each so far from bored of them 🙂

marksnook
    Free Member

3, got the most varied and largest quantity or stuff to ride.
    Love cwmcarn but think parts are still shut. Flyup is fun though but I don’t find it ticks the been out riding for a day box. Afan feels like proper mountain biking to me. Not that there is such a thing!

Northwind

1. I really like flyup, it’s nothing amazing but it’s good straightforward fun + landrover rides, broom broom. Never been to Cwymcarn, will have to give it a go sometime. I really like afan but it’s fairly high effort for the amount of reward. Don’t have a problem with that, I just take it into account when choosing rides.

Nah actually I’d go to BMCC

superstu
    Free Member

Not been to flyup so can’t comment but recently went to Afan for the first time and loved it. So that would win my vote.

Do really rate Cwmcarn although not all of it is open.

Kamakazie

Afan unless you like practicing jumps in which case FlyUp is a great place for that.
    Cwmcarn is good but the best trail is closed.

I’d be trying BMCC though if there’s an option of paying for uplift.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’d go off piste exploring at FOD 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

1 – FlyUp 417 Bike Park

2 – Cwmcarn

3 – Afan

I’ve never been to Flyup, maybe I should, it’s not too far from me. I’m, not much of a jumper though.

Cwmcarn is probably still my favourite place to ride, it’s 30 mins from my house and I must have ridden the Twrch more than 100 times now, but I still love it. Cafal is still closed and the DH isn’t the ‘wheels on the ground at all times if you want’ run it was. So if you’re not into that you’re only left with about 15k a of trail.

Afan is pretty old-school now, but there’s got to be about 100k of decent trails, even before Skyline reopens (split over 2 sites). There’s a mini-bike park (which might be closed at the moment) and a lot of the old classics have had new bit sewn into them.

jedi

I much prefer Cwm Carn to afan. It’s closer to me for the same thing really. This time of year it’s Hertfordshire, Woburn, and Scotland

kimbers

Afan off piste wins quite easily!

Cwmcarn might be ok if it was fully open

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Where would you ride?’ is closed to new replies.