• This topic has 41 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by simmy.
Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Where was your most annoying puncture?
  • scottyjohn
    Free Member

About 5 miles from my car in Ae, tacod the rim on my front and had to push my bike back all the way on the back wheel. My mates all went on to finish the ride, bamsticks! lol

simmy
    Free Member

A few months ago. Had a bit of decent weather for a change and went out on the MTB for a relatively long ride after just short fast rides and turbo sessions.

Planned a ride along the canals then a stop off at a pub as it was going dark then potter back along the roads.

Back tyre went spongy so slow puncture I thought. Put a tube in, check tyre for thorns nothing so set off again. 10 mins later same scenario, check tyre nothing in it and it’s really getting close to dark now so just decide to pump it up as much as I can and hope for best.

Same again. Another tube more checking of the tyre and nothing in it. By this time I’d given up and started heading home. Same again. Turns out there was a tiny split in the sidewall and I mean really tiny and it was pushing the tube through.

Stuck a tyre boot in and set off on my last tube and patch. Got me home but wasted about an hour and half of messing about.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Where was your most annoying puncture?’ is closed to new replies.