Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where was Guy?
  • colournoise

In his review of the new gen Rocket?

I recongnise most of the Peak trails there, but where what’s the descent at around 8 minutes? Something off Mam Tor? And is the trail at 11m30s the one (that I’ve not ridden yet) at the ‘back’ of the Hayfield campsite?

jekkyl

My first thought was the bw into Hayfield on the Jacobs Ladder loop.

lobomo
    Free Member

Did he get lost on his way to Stainburn and end up in the Peaks?

rene59
    Free Member

He was the one on the bike.

martinhutch

Rollercoaster off Hollins Cross.(8 mins)

EDIT: I meant Toboggan Run, not sure why I wrote rollercoaster…

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Yup Mam Tor. It’s Hollins Cross – Greenlands. It’s even better if you start from the top of Back Tor 😉

Hollins Cross to Castleton or Back Tor bridge and the Toboggan Run are fun too.

Edit: Beaten to it 😀

Esme
    Free Member

Guy posted this comment, explaining the route:

. . . out from Hayfield, Mt Famine, Roych Clough, Rushup Edge, Jacobs ladder and then the Glossop bridleway offshoot towards Kinder reservoir back into Hayfield.

But did he mention Hollinsclough in the commentary?

colournoise

Rollercoaster off Hollins Cross.(8 mins)

EDIT: I meant Toboggan Run, not sure why I wrote rollercoaster…

Yup Mam Tor. It’s Hollins Cross – Greenlands. It’s even better if you start from the top of Back Tor

Hollins Cross to Castleton or Back Tor bridge and the Toboggan Run are fun too.

Cheers. Looking at the OS map, I’ve ridden/pushed up that a few times, but never ridden down it – explains why I didn’t recognise it I guess.

colournoise

Guy posted this comment, explaining the route:

. . . out from Hayfield, Mt Famine, Roych Clough, Rushup Edge, Jacobs ladder and then the Glossop bridleway offshoot towards Kinder reservoir back into Hayfield.

Ah, didn’t read any comments. Watched the video embedded in the Cotic newsletter.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

From Hollins Cross there are 3 different (legit) downhill options!

I would climb up toward Back Tor (stop at the peak of the first hill) then go back down that descent and drop on to Hollins Cross – Greenlands. If you fancy a bit more climbing and a steep rocky descent, climb to the top of Back Tor and bomb back down the multi-line steps and rock drops, bit naughty I think!.

It’s a bit disjointed round there if you want to hit all the descents! It’s good to session and push back up IMO. Depends whether you like that kind of riding or prefer loops, in which case you can choose a descent and move on.

martinhutch

I still can’t work out if Guy liked the bike though.

themilo
    Free Member

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Undecided I think….</span>

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where was Guy?’ is closed to new replies.