Where was everyone yesterday?

Home Forum Bike Forum Where was everyone yesterday?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Where was everyone yesterday?
  • emsz

Went to Afan with my dad yesterday, place was empty. No one in the cafe* the bike shop was pretty empty. Really nce weather as well.

* yunki was that you? Thought it might be, but didn’t want to ask!!

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

emsz – if you’d told us you were going the place would’ve been busier than a very busy thing.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

In the pub?

Premier Icon drain
    Subscriber

Local loops for local people in Lamyatt (Zummerzet) 😉 A fun couple of hours out from my front door. Nothing technical like Afan but just great to be out.

Even though it’s still gloopy it was feeling like spring was on its way yesterday, and a whole summer of dusty trails to come. Or not 8)

emsz

Didn’t decide unti Saturday my lovely ( dad didn’t want to get wet, lol) just surprised by lack of people there. We got there at 9:30 and car park was empty! And we saw no one on the routes.

Btw can anyone do that first climb without putting a foot down? Grrrrr

iDave

I was in my house, no one around, kitchen just had a few empty wine bottles, thought I heard someone upstairs, but no….

I was rock climbing all afternoon 8)

yunki

No one in the cafe*

* yunki was that you? Thought it might be, but didn’t want to ask!!

😯 😆

yes.. the no-one that you saw was me.. I was trying out my new invisibility cloak.. I’m going to have to send it back though as you obviously saw right through my disguise..

I actually stayed at home and didn’t manage to get out of my pyjamas all day.. 🙂

I’m assuming you mean the Whites climb emsz?

Either way.. yes, but I’ve ridden it a lot.

rewski

Local loop over North Downs Way, did a cheeky footpath section, struggled up betchworth quarry, very steep and slippy, then dropped into mole valley, down another cheeky footpath, this time with steps, then up over box hill and headley common, reigate hill and home via caterham, very few people around, lovely.

oldnpastit

What’s Afan like these days? It used to be good fun, but then they closed lots of Skyline and the unpronounceable one on the other side.

Is it all back now? Should I go?

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Quick blast around here on Sunday…

http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/PennineBridleway/uploads/Clapham%20MTB%20Route5.pdf

Recommended it on here a few days ago, and decided I fancied doing it again…

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

I was at work, that and it’s best part of 900 mile found trip to Afan.

emsz

Yes whites, really steep and rocky!! Had to stop at the hairpin I thought I was going to die!! LOL must have put a foot down about 4 times, I’m so rubbish.

Loads of trees have been chopped down as well, dad was saying the trails won’t last if theyre exposed.

Yunki, 3 guys came into the cafe while we were there one of them looked like your photo on here.

Premier Icon BigJohn
    Subscriber

I was in A&E mostly, after a quick slither and tumble on Cannock Chase.

What’s a sprung clavicle? Is it like AC separation?

And can anybody lend me a cardigan? Don’t seem to be able to get tshirts and sweaters on. And my teeth are going to rot if I don’t learn how to brush them with my left hand.

And my teeth are going to rot if I don’t learn how to brush them with my left hand

can’t help with the rest but get an electric toothbrush if you don’t already have one. I badly hurt the tendons in my right hand and couldn’t even pick up a toothbrush. Teeth never felt clean enough when brushing them with my left hand so i got an electric one which helped loads.

cardiff

Was there all weekend with a group of 11 of mixed ability, and also thought it was very quite, was good for the group though as didn’t feel like we were holding people up! Sat a little miserable but yesterday was lovely weather for a ride!

trail_rat

stood around in an old quarry watching petrol heads at an RTV then abusing my mate with his towplow digging in everywhere…..

(not my mate but a very nice motor)

My first reliability ride on Sunday into the worst head wind imaginable.

Premier Icon fadda
    Subscriber

I think everyone may have been at the FoD. Car park was rammed when I got there around 11:00 with my 5 y-o!

Ecky-Thump

All the cheeky trails around Hebden were also surprisingly empty on Sunday.
    Seemed like we had the whole place to ourselves. 😀

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

Was going to go for a mountain bike ride but other stuff got in the way so decided to go for a quick road ride. Was going to go for a road ride but other stuff got in the way so decided to go for a swim. Was going to go for a swim but other stuff got in the way so ended up having the first run for over a year. Was hoping I’d retained some of my running fitness…I hadn’t.

Premier Icon alfabus
    Subscriber

Brechfa enduro?

That might have hoovered up some of the usual crowd from Afan.

Dave

Premier Icon vinnyeh
    Subscriber

Where was everyone yesterday?

At Swinley Forest judging from the state of the carparks when I got there just before lunchtime. Never seen it so packed, although to be fair I hardly ever go there, so it may be like that most weekends.

mrblobby

Seems to be like that whenever I go. Been years since I’ve seen a quiet weekend at Swinley.

druidh

Had a nice day at the beach

david jey

I was at Afan if that’s any help!

Btw can anyone do that first climb without putting a foot down? Grrrrr

Yes 😉 Hairpin 12 (there are 13 – it helps me break it down into manageable chunks) probably the trickiest with the steep up into increasingly polished roots. Requires a good lunge but doable!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Where was everyone yesterday?’ is closed to new replies.