Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to stay near harry potter studio watford
  • meeeee
    Free Member

Going to take the wife and kids to Harry potter studio tour thing in half term. I have absolutely no clue about London area so need help on where to stay!

After a Travelodge / premier Inn type place with parking, and also with easy access to central London on tube. Youngest kid is 5 so ideally short walk from hotel to tube, or near a tube station that has parking ( if that’s possible!)

Harry potter land is in leavesdon so towns nearby are Watford, kings Langley, Hemel Hempstead, St Alban’s. No idea which is best option….

Thanks

wors

The mrs found a great deal at Pendley Manor in Tring when we went. Lovely place.

andy8442
    Free Member

Premier Inn at Kings Langley. Theres a railway station within walking distance that takes you straight into London as well.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

We stayed at Premier inn, St Albans, was really handy for HPW and some decent places to eat, and a nice park for an evening walk too.

finbar
    Free Member

St Albans – there’s a Premier Inn which is very handily placed or some nice and not too expensive non-chain options. I stayed at Torrington Hall for a wedding back in September which was great for the money.

meeeee
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll check out kings Langley and the at Alban’s one.

dove1

We went a couple of years ago and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Hemel Hemstead. It’s only about a 15-20 minute drive from the studios.
    Apsley railway station is only a 5 minute walk from the HIEx for the train in to Euston.

Book for the earliest slot you can get at HPW. It gets full very quickly.

As an aside, the Snow Centre at Hemel Hemstead is only a 5 minute drive from the hotel and is great if you fancy a bit of indoor skiing.

hatter

I’m St Albans based, lovely place, if you stay at the premier Inn in town may I recommend the following:

Eat:

The Meating Room – posh burgers, really good.

Lussmans – bit more formal, but nice.

The Waffle house – Brunch-heaven

L’italiana – no nonsense good pizza

The pudding stop – exactly what it sounds like.

Drink

The Boot

Mad Squirrel Tap Room

Yes Olde Fighting Cocks (more of a walk but they’re really not kidding about the ‘ye olde’ bit)

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

I would heartily recommend Bricket Wood Premier Inn.

Only a stones throw from the studios.

Even has a duck pond and a kids play park within its grounds.

We stayed at it a few years ago when the Studios first opened.

Even has a canal/towpath/wooded area out the back of the hotel for a cheaky wee ride/run in the morning.

dirkpitt74

Avoid the Ramada at Hatfield…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to stay near harry potter studio watford’ is closed to new replies.