Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to stay in the Peak District?
  • chiefgrooveguru

Eight of us (6 adults, 2 v small children) planning to converge on the Peaks this summer, three of us bringing MTBs. Looking for a 4 bed self-catered place for a week, I think. Recommendations on which area or even specific cottages much appreciated!

Pook

edale. or castlton. spoilt for choice

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ll rent you my shed if you like

Pook

But Podge, if you rented him your shed how on earth would you get to work?

thepodge
    Free Member

coming from someone who drives an automatic that’s a bit rich.

Pook

touche

muddy@rseguy

just stayed in Longnor here http://www.merrilgrovecottages.net/ v. nice, and thoroughly reccomended.

Its a bit out in the sticks but that a good thing as there are a couple of good routes v close in Hollinsclough/Chrome hill and Wildboarclough (with some very rocky descents and climbs), within easy striking distance of the trails near Buxton, Goyt Valley, Bakewell and Matlock, Ladybower is approx 30-40mins drive away (I think, never managed to get there though) and a stonking good pub (the Packhorse) about 4 miles away at Crowdecote 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Castleton/ Hope/ Hathersage are all stacked with cottages, but fairly pricey. Hayfield is probably cheaper, but equally good riding.
    Shameless plug for the neighbours cottages: Whaley Bridge

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I like the Yorkshire Bridge Inn nr Ladybower or the Plough nr Hathersage. Both great in their own way.

chiefgrooveguru

Any more for any more?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to stay in the Peak District?’ is closed to new replies.