Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to service Fox 34 and Rock Shox Monarch?
  • keppoch

As the title really. I have previously used Mojo and LoCo but I know Silverfish are now the official service place and LoCo not trading.

Any recommendations, are Silverfish good and would they do the RS shock as well? Would like to put them both in one box for postage and hassle!

Forks are still relatively new and although I could maybe have a go myself I would rather get someone who knows what they are looking at to do it as the damping seems a bit non-existent and I suspect I might not get round to it or make a mess so happy to pay within reason.

Any advice appreciated.

orangespyderman

TF Tuned.  Speak to them about the forks and maybe get them PUSH tuned at the same time.  They can sort out a pickup and I think they’re fab.

keppoch

What does a PUSH tune actually mean and will it invalidate any warranty (not sure they still have one as 2.5 yrs old)?

Also will I notice it, I’m a reasonable rider (I could tell the difference between 34’s and old Float 32R’s) but not a suspension twiddler typically.

carlos
    Free Member

Keppoch – where you based? May be someone local to you

keppoch

I’m in Cardiff but tbh would rather post to someone that does this often and knows what they are doing rather than someone who does it occasionally.

carlos
    Free Member

Only reason I asked is that Rick @

http://www.slickandslide.co.uk

happens to be just down the road from me. He provides an excellent service and isn’t as expensive as others. He really does know his stuff and I don’t hesitate to recommend him as I’ve had nothing short of an excellent service from him. If you need a chat, call him up first and talk it through

If your not fussed about posting out, it might be another option for you.

antares
    Free Member

Silk suspension, great service at a great price

https://www.silksuspension.co.uk

orena45

Check out RSF Suspension in Plymouth. Dave knows his stuff.

windydave13
    Free Member

Another +1 for Rick at Slick and Slide. He does an awesome job and ridiculously fast turnaround

orangespyderman

What does a PUSH tune actually mean and will it invalidate any warranty (not sure they still have one as 2.5 yrs old)?

Also will I notice it, I’m a reasonable rider (I could tell the difference between 34’s and old Float 32R’s) but not a suspension twiddler typically.

They change the shims in the damper to suit your riding weight and type of riding.  I’ve had my 34 Perf Elite done, and it’s difficult to say whether the tune alone makes a difference but certainly the setup when I got it back with the PUSH tune and a “best guess” setup based on my weight / bike and riding were better than I’ve ever managed to get it just by incrementally fiddling because I’m not really a twiddler either. (There is probably some confirmation bias in the mix but it really does feel like it’s much better much more of the time).  I suspect it makes more of a difference if you’re either much lighter or much heavier than usual.  I’m, *ahem* not especially light, if you see what I mean.

They really are helpful, they can sort out a courier to pick up from home and return them (though I’m in France so couldn’t use that) so it works out quite cheap for UK based.  Advice on the phone and the info sheet they send back with details of the condition and the setup they’ve recommended are top notch.  I am in now way connected to them, just a happy customer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to service Fox 34 and Rock Shox Monarch?’ is closed to new replies.