Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where to ride within, oh, 2 hours of Edinburgh this week?
  • Northwind

Anywhere reasonably snow/swamp/ice-free? Pentlands looks ****ed, innerleithen’s buried, I think you still can’t get in or out of d&g… Comrie maybe?

Might try Cathkin on monday, will be through that way…

scotroutes

Just back from Comrie and the trails are basically snow-free (well – a tiny bit in the forest).

Obviously a bit soft in places but still good fun.

Northwind

No gloves! Must have slush for blood!

Cheers for that, love Comrie Croft, seems like a plan is a’formin.

scotroutes

It was man-camp last night

Toastie round the fire but -6C overnight – Brrr!

hels
    Free Member

Drumlanrig ? It’s quite low level.

jodafett

I’m off up the Pentlands first thing tomorrow. Not got enough time to travel anywhere so just going to risk it as I’m desperate to get out.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Comrie was great, be even greater when they finish the 4.5km (I think that was what the guy in the shop said) of blue trails they are currently building.

Northwind

Just back in, cheers for the tip! Riding brilliantly, wee bit sticky in places, wee bit slippy in others, and just the smallest tiniest possible amount of snow on the trails. Lots of stuff going on, noticed some wee fettles on the existing trails as well as the new stuff.

First time I’ve ridden there solo though so I’ve accidentally burned out my legs. Seems I am incompatible with short laps. Also, I cannot pump at all 🙁

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I struggled with the pump track too. Wasn’t easy on Scotroutes fat bike on sticky trails. Much easier with a jump bike and a plywood pump track.

Northwind

I think alcohol might have been the missing ingredient. Pumptrack fuel.

stuartm555
    Free Member

Rode north third / cambu today and no snow there. Dumyat looked clear too

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride within, oh, 2 hours of Edinburgh this week?’ is closed to new replies.