Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • where to ride this weekend, huddersfield and surroundings
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

alright there, fellows. i'm working in leeds for the next couple of weeks, and staying with gf's parents just west of huddersfield. brought the bike with me, of course, and am trying to decide where to ride over the weekend. doesn't look like i'll have anyone else along, as my other biking mates in this area have other plans. can drive out from where i'm staying, but don't want to go too far.

what would you suggest in terms of either a destination or a route – looking for something for most of at least one of the days, so a reasonably long ride is ideal. cheers!

(also, what websites are most reliable for weather forecasts for the area!)

theflatboy
    Free Member

any suggestions?

wl
    Free Member

Don't know which side of Hudds it is, but there's good moorland riding around Marsden, Wesenden reservoir and that area. Some of it might be Pennine Bridleway, not sure. Eastergate is a great descent around there. Soz for the vagueness. Failing that, you're not for from Calderdale – 40 mins in the car. Tons of great rides there.

chriswilk
    Free Member

not lived in that area for a good 10 years or so, but the trails won;t have changed that much…

best options for a decent day are:
    the northern peaks. Strongly suggest Cut gate from Langsett – nice evening ride over to the resers and back. Or a longer route taking in some of the best Dark Peak (hagg farm, etc) and over Doctor's gate (Snake), back via TPT along woodhead.

Calderdale – many good routes and all interlinked so can go from 1 hour to all day.

mt
    Free Member

Loads of good stuff around the Holme and Colne valleys. Lots of bridal ways and white roads with cheeky stuff. Am away for a few days so can't show you around.

theflatboy
    Free Member

nice one – yeah i'm just by marsden, one village away in slaithwaite. i've got a good 15 mile ride that i've been doing round there, takes around 1.5 hours so a good one for after work. could expand on that, or go further afield. would quite like to go a little further as i've been up here quite a few times but never got the chance to go for a proper outing as normally the gf is with me and we're more pushed for time.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i think i might just do the pennine x route, as i've got all the details and know it's a good ride. anyone with other suggestions or ideally routes they can point me in the way of please feel free!

theflatboy
    Free Member

blimey, i thought i was hitting the main catchment area of this place – thought i'd be inundated with trail routes, suggestions and options!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘where to ride this weekend, huddersfield and surroundings’ is closed to new replies.