Where to Ride Sunday

Home Forum Bike Forum Where to Ride Sunday

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to Ride Sunday
  • Premier Icon Mad Pierre
    Subscriber

The Peak District would win for me… but I guess it depends what sort of ride you fancy? Lots of climbing? Technical? Milage? Singletrack? Rocks? Roots? Manmade? Natural? Jumps n drops? etc etc….

Where haven’t you been? I always like a new trail!

scruff

Long Mynd.

jekkyl

yeah I was thought the long minge would cover it. or the ridgeway in oxfordshire. Both would nearly 2hours in the car though. That’s 4 hours of cycling you’re missing. 🙁

Premier Icon fathomer
    Subscriber

I’m looking for some inspiration. I’ve got most of Sunday free to do as I please and a new bike to ride. However, all my ridding mates, of which I only have a couple, are busy.

So where should I ride that is with 2 hours of Leicester, that isn’t Cannock? The Peaks, which I ride relatively regular is top of the list at the minute, but where else should I consider?

Hopton, Llandegla??

Premier Icon fathomer
    Subscriber

Unfortunately living in Leicester means if I want some decent mtb action it means a bit of a drive 🙁

Going to head up to Ladybower in the Peaks I think, hopefully it’ll be dry!

Premier Icon vincienup
    Subscriber

It’s chucked down in Sheff tonight and a few other days this week but forecast is sunny/warm Saturday and cloudy/warm Sunday so Ladybower should be reasonably dry. I was riding round the reservoir itself with people last weekend and was a bit shocked how low it was looking in places.

Say hi to it for me! 🙂

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

If I wanted brain out fun it would be Llandegla with an extra treat of burger & chips.

Premier Icon timidwheeler
    Subscriber

Not the Ridgeway. The whole peak district is available. Why drive 2 hours to ride along the Ridgeway? Llandegla is fun if you fancy some trail centre stuff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where to Ride Sunday’ is closed to new replies.