• This topic has 25 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Where to ride in the Dark or white peaks tomorrow? (VGraphics routes)
  • hora
    Free Member

Criteria:
    – upto 20miles (its raining heavy am so was was going to start later)
    – As much off-tarmac as possible
    – twisty/techy route
    – Drains well

🙂

nbt

Hayfield -> oaken clough – Jacob's ladder -> Hollin's cross -> Mam nick -> rushup edge -> Roych clough -> Coldwell Clough -> pint in the pub

If you're doing the White, the (actually just outside the White Peak) route I posted on the other White Peak thread is pretty good. Just watch out for the ranger at Black Rocks.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rustielookinchain
    Free Member

How about the Bradwell Circuit?
    Hope – Brough – Shatton Moor – Bradwell Edge – Blakes seven cement works – Hazzard Mine – down cavedale – Woddbine cafe.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

it will be windy as **** Hora

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Shatton Moor – Bradwell Edge –

he said "drains well"

rustielookinchain
    Free Member

Ah, yes – maybe the bottom part of the edge might be a bit slick with the rain – always forget about that until too late!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

and shatton moor

hora
    Free Member

Shatton Moor – Bradwell Edge –

Yes- past the first turn into the descent it turned into a claggy/gloopy mess and thats when it had been dry a few days. Only the last few corners were firm 🙁

nbt- I'll need a OS map though for that though unless its in one of the books?

ranger at Black Rocks.

There was a Rangers Landrover right at the very top of Jacobs Ladder on Tues- **** knows how he got it up there without a long journey!

lambo

Cut gate is a mess at the moment – best left alone.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I'll need a OS map though for that

If you ride the area even fairly regularly then they're pretty cheap for what you'll get out of it. (Although the extra bulk of the waterproof ones might be worth it in crappy weather – i still shudder when i think of the two days my Long Mynd one lasted before it fell apart.)

kempfab
    Free Member

I just print a few post card sized ones from Multimap, and laminate them, works for me.

Fair play to you for heading out there tomorrow, good luck!

hora
    Free Member

OS Map(s)- about time I bought them I think

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

+1 nbt

hora
    Free Member

Hayfield -> oaken clough – Jacob's ladder -> Hollin's cross -> Mam nick -> rushup edge -> Roych clough -> Coldwell Clough -> pint in the pub

Is it in one of the books tho or do I need to pick up a OS map though? I could pick up a map (which one is it) and wheres best to find them? 🙂

thejesmonddingo

Try here Hora http://www.flattyresmtbroutes.com/HayfieldJacobsLadder.html
    And if you're out today,you're a hero.
    Ian

hora
    Free Member

Thank you thejesmonddingo. On the wind- it may have to be somewhere more bloody shelted 🙁

…but that routes a keeper thanks

jonjon

Try the Stanage Circuit – that's wot i'll do today, just for info – it's seriously crap at the moment in the Peak!

jonjon

or to completely avoid the gloop. Up Jacobs ladder, Roych Clough, down Chapel Gate.

hora
    Free Member

Basically thats what I rode the first time I did the Kinder circuit. I ended up in Hayfield twice missing two turnings 😆

racing_ralph
    Free Member

+1 for the up jacobs route – tis ace!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Was lovely yesterday on Jacob's, Middle Moor, etc. – what a change today!

hora
    Free Member

jamesgarbett – Member
    Was lovely yesterday on Jacob's, Middle Moor, etc. – what a change today!

Aye. Idiot here decided to ride around Hebden instead of vice versa.

hora
    Free Member

I made use of the weather yesterday and bought a weatherproof map of the dark peak.

SBrock
    Free Member

Hora, Im heading out tomorrow how bad is it? Was up cut gate path only last week and it was pretty dry!

What route did you do?

hora
    Free Member

I didnt go. I test-drove a Octavia, watched F1, went for a swim then went to Waterstones 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride in the Dark or white peaks tomorrow? (VGraphics routes)’ is closed to new replies.