Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to ride in Dundee?
  • DickBarton

Off to Dundee tomorrow and will have about 4 hours free during the day…where can I go for a pedal?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You’re better off going to Broughty Ferry for a ride.

DickBarton

Ok, anywhere specifically? Dropping off in middle of Dundee at half 9 then need to be back about 3pm, so about 4 hours ride with travel, getting lost and getting food.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Got a vehicle aye? Mountain bike I presume – go to Ballo, great selection of trails. See trailforks:

https://www.trailforks.com/region/ballo-wood-17809/

DickBarton

Ta

stevious

What kind of riding do you want to do? Ballo is good if you like steep enduro-style stuff but there’s not much for the more sedate amongst us.

downhillfast
    Free Member

Hi, you could try the Sidlaw Hills, just north of Dundee. Or about 50minutes north of Dundee there is Drumtochty trails, they just had an enduro race there last Sunday so the trails should be well marked. It’s on the Trail forks App, suggest you get that and go exploring.

oldtennisshoes

50 mins from DUNDEE also puts you in Dunkeld. 30 mins gets you to pitmedden or Kinnoull hill.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

If you’re just looking for a cycle rather than some proper trails, then cross the bridge and head to tentsmuir for a bit.

clubby

Sidlaws won’t be pleasant in this wind. Drumtochty not worth drive from Dundee to ride for first time on your own. Ballo pretty steep and will be “testing” after recent rain.

My choice would be Pitmedden in Fife. Half hour to Clink car park just north of Auchtermuchty. Follow tyres marks and just explore. Sheltered and lots of trails in a compact area. ‘Muchty a bit of a dead spot for decent food, but good cafes in Falkland, about 10 minute drive away.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride in Dundee?’ is closed to new replies.