Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where to ride in Ayrshire tomorrow?
  • debaser

Staying in Prestwick tonight and wondering where to ride tomorrow.

Been googling away but not found much inspiration so far.

Could easily drive the hour down to Drumlanrig or go for a spin up at Cathkin Braes but was wondering if there is anything worth exploring closer by?

Anyone with local knowledge have any recommendations?

Militant_biker

It’s been years since I lived in Ayrshire (although it was pretty much Lanarkshire). I never found much to ride, and once I got a car, I was off like a shot to Glentress and Mabie. Drumlanrig didn’t exist in the same way back then. I’d head there.

There might be something in this thread from a few months ago.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Plenty good stuff up towards Largs, but you’d need shown round, and I have other plans tomorrow. I’d go to Drumlanrig if I was you.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Greg, just read in that other thread you went to Radisson academy. What years? I was there ’92-97, left after 5th yr to Glasgow uni at 16!

Ayrshire has loads of fields and farmland so usually travelling to ride works better

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I take it the old predictive changed that from ardrossan academy?! Left in 92 Dan, went off to do apprenticeship with mod in beith.

debaser

Thanks folks, ended up going for a couple of laps of Cathkin Braes as it was the simplest option to tie in with other plans.

The Largs riding sounds intruiging. I’ll maybe post up if I’m through that way again… exchange guiding for somebeerforyourfridge?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Oh I dent notice that, anything but smart phone. Yes, Ardrossan.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Debaser, drop me a mail next time your up this way, as I live in prestwick. Be glad to show you round.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride in Ayrshire tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.