Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to ride around Dundee…
  • andypandy85
    Free Member

So having just bought myself a nice full susser, I need some good natural trails to ride around the Fife/Dundee area, as I’ve not lived here long so have no idea what’s about. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Rides between 10 & 20 miles would be ideal, preferably with awesome scenery and descents 🙂

Ta, Andy

stevious

Spotted some awesome trails up on Ballo hill up the hill from Abernyte. Can get there mostly off-road from Dundee if you go through Camperdown park and take some cheeky farm tracks. Or you could drive up.

Shackleton

Sidlaws are fun. Either just go and explore or mail me and I’ll send you a map with the better bits on.

As above there are some more dh style tracks (but not nasty
    ) on the west side of ballo hill.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    goodgrief
    Free Member

Dunkeld! visit progression bikes in the village

mactheknife

Within 45 Minutes,
    Sidlaws
    Lairds Loch DH Trails. Awesome but tricky to find.
    Lomond hills
    Dunkeld, both XC and downhill, i have a couple of GPX for routes round there.
    Pitmedden forest, been trashed recently due to deforestation but work ongoing to restore trails. Wont be long 🙂
    Building of very small skills loop is about to start in Templeton woods.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

10:30pm on Tuesday night saw me ‘riding’ across the moor from Craigmead to Glenvale in the Lomonds. I had well and truly bonked and had no water. I drank from a stream. The trail was an unridable mudfest in places. It was also very cold. I had bitten off more than I wanted to chew.

However, there is excellent rinding in the Lomonds in slightly drier times. Pitmedden looks to have been fully quagmired by forestry operations, but will bounce back with a bit of TLC and some dryness.

I would personally head Dunkeld way as some of the surfaced paths there can be mixed up with some more natural stuff. I don’t know much about closer to Dundee

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

And there are descents ago-go at Falkland, but I think you may need to join the club (?).

andypandy85
    Free Member

Cheers all!

Any more for any more?!

Murr
    Free Member

you can try the mukyriderz based in glenrothes about a 30min drive from dundee look on there web site or face book page for more info, good bunch and sunday runs ain’t too fast .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride around Dundee…’ is closed to new replies.