Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • where to look for ski season work? (europe esp. germany/austria/süd tirol)
  • alpin
    Free Member

i'm fed up and don't much fancy a winter stuck in a north bavarian fascist town miles from anywhere….

not sure if i'll have enough work to realistically see me through either and i can't much be asked going around pimping myself.

so i figured i'd do something different, if not overly well paid.

experiences and pointers are welcome

thanks.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member
    RHSno2
    Free Member

Pick the resort you want to goto and get there before the season starts.

St Anton is a good 'seasonal' resort.

GrahamS

The 'Abroad' forum on SCUK generally has a few people who are doing seasons at various nice resorts. Might be worth a look.

alpin
    Free Member

danke schön!

Ciaran
    Free Member

its a little early in the year for this (ideal time is usually about october/november), but if you want a job in a hotel or bar or restaurant:

1. find somewhere you want to work (town / lift region) and go on the tourist office website job section:
    e.g. Lech – Zürs
    Kitzbühel
    Saalbach

2. visit EURES website and search for a job in austria
    EURES

in my experience sites like natives, seasonworkers.com, resortjobs.com etc all come up with the same 100's of results for working for the same 4 or 5 british tour operators (thompson, mark warner, espirit, crystal)

for ski guide/ instructor jobs apply direct to ski school/tour company.

also the odd chalet and a few tour companies advertise on the gum tree london overseas job section:
    gumtree overseas jobs but again its probably a month or two too early for many of the adverts to come for the 09/10 season

eldridge
    Free Member
    alpin
    Free Member

Sorry, but we are no longer recruiting for
    Winter 2009/10. Due to a huge number
    of applicants already this summer and a
    high percentage of returning staff, we
    are no longer accepting requests for
    application packs

bugger….

don't much fancy working alongside a load of brits, looking after a load of pissed-up brits.

i'm fluent in german and have a grasp of english. like to be able to put it to better use than looking after some shitty private school kids on their winter hols…. inverted snobbery. brilliant.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘where to look for ski season work? (europe esp. germany/austria/süd tirol)’ is closed to new replies.