Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to look for 2nd gravel stuff?
  • hollyboni
    Free Member

I live in Hungary. Gravel isn’t exactly big here, the second hand market is pretty much non existent for gravel/CX parts.
    In the hopefully near future I’d like to buy a new fork for my Charge Plug, or maybe a new (used) frameset. I thought I would try the UK since the market is much bigger.

Could you guys recommend me facebook buy&sell groups, or websites where I could find gravel/CX stuff? I know eBay of course, sometimes I see some gravel stuff in the classifieds here, and I also know lfgss. Any other places I should be checking out?
    I tried to search for facebook groups but no luck.

hollyboni
    Free Member

The title meant to say “2nd hand”, whoops…

trailwagger
    Free Member

Ebay

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bear in mind that there is very little thats cx (or latterly gravel) specific. Its mostly just repurposed road stuff.

hollyboni
    Free Member

Bear in mind that there is very little thats cx (or latterly gravel) specific. Its mostly just repurposed road stuff.

I’m well aware of that, but as I said i’m mainly looking for a fork. ~400mm AC and clearance for 45mm tyres, so I can’t exactly look at road stuff. You will only see those kinds of forks on CX, gravel, and touring bikes, at least as far as I know.
    If I find a good deal I might just get a frameset, and i’m not looking for a road frameset.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is this for the cheap charge plug frames that were on ebay? I think most people struggled to find anything suitable as there are very few straight steeirer disk fork options.

I think bike discount .de had some listed under touring/trekking?

hollyboni
    Free Member

Is this for the cheap charge plug frames that were on ebay? I think most people struggled to find anything suitable as there are very few straight steeirer disk fork options.

I think bike discount .de had some listed under touring/trekking?

Yes. Sadly I know that these kinds of forks are not that common. I’ve been riding the thing for about 2 years now with a Genesis Croix de Fer fork that I bought new on eBay. But i’m 99% sure either the dropouts and/or the brake mounts are out of whack, and i’d like to fix that.

I’ve seen the bike discount forks. To be honest I don’t trust them that much. While i’m not afraid at all of carbon stuff, sometimes I ride this bike on terrain that it wasn’t exactly meant/designed for. So a no-name trekking carbon fork would kinda freak me out, and anyways that thing is so heavy! Thanks for the tip tho.

Luckily Surly makes a bunch of forks. I can get a new Surly Straggler Disc fork for ~125 pounds, or a Midnight Special fork for a bit more. But i’ve spent so much money on this build already that I would like to fix the little problems here and there for cheap and then move on. If I could find a nice and decent used fork for around 50-60 i’d be happy. I’ve seen a sold Straggler fork on lfgss for 50 pounds.

joemmo
    Free Member
    hollyboni
    Free Member

Ah sweet, thanks a lot!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where to look for 2nd gravel stuff?’ is closed to new replies.