Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Where to go riding end of june?
  • juan
    Free Member

I am looking for a place with nice scenery, lots of climbs and nice trails to spend an extended week end around the 30 th of june?

Was thinking about Scotland and/or Ireland so I could have nice riding.

Somewhere else I should look at? Aim is to spend time on my own so I’d like to avoid trail center.

Drac

Northumberland very quiet and has boat loads of scenery and climbds, downside is I live here.

juan
    Free Member

Well I don’t have to talk to you do I 😉

Drac

That is true yes.

hora
    Free Member

A tour of Scotland- you can pitch up a tent virtually anywhere as well which opens up lots of options for you.

We have a 4 day self-guided Tour of the Cairngorms starting Saturday 27th June. There are a couple of people already booked on, but the idea is that you ride at your own pace so if you want to start a bit earlier or later than the group each day it’s very easy to spend the day on your own if you wish. Cost is £185 per person with bunkhouse accommodation, or £230 with B&B.

More info is here

Cheers,

Phil

http://www.scottishmountainbikeguides.com

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

try Harris in the outer hebrides land of near midnight sun at that time of year also far far away. I have seen friends photos it looks fantastic have only visited the uists but they are more touring not mountain biking

IHN

Not a lot of riding (off-road) in Ireland, all to do with the access laws IIRC.

druidh
    Free Member

fotheringtonthomas – Member

try Harris in the outer hebrides land of near midnight sun at that time of year also far far away. I have seen friends photos it looks fantastic have only visited the uists but they are more touring not mountain biking

Nothing to see in Harris

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

thats the sort of thing

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Juan, you don’t fancy the PPDS with the SSSD then?

😉

grumm
    Free Member

Taken on the only sunny day of the year. 😉

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

have some faith grumm or else sugest somewhere else, it is to easy to repeat old ideas about the hebrides the weather this year past was better than most places this summer

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – we caught the end of a very dry/sunny period. We had a weeks touring and 1 hour of rain. That was the first for over 6 weeks…

grumm
    Free Member

My gf’s mum lives up there – the weather can indeed be great and they had a great summer compared to most of us. It can be very bleak though.

jacksta
    Free Member

what about one of the classic multiday routes like the Wessex way / south downs way / coast to coast

null

jacksta
    Free Member

oops that “null” is a link to a site with route guides / ideas

druidh
    Free Member

Back to the OP. If you want climbing, nice trails and solitude then you really can’t whack the far NW of Scotland. I’d suggest Torridon would be suitable.

didmatt
    Free Member

isle of Skye in June, some of the best single track ive ever riden, and the descent from here down to the old man of storr, and finishing in the carpark is amazing!

aleigh
    Free Member

I would have offered to have squeezed you into my suitcase for when I go mountain biking in Canada Juan but Rudeboy has already taken that space 😉

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Well Juan, you are more than welcome to come and stay with us!! (As long as you bring nice choccie!)
    But then you know that already! 8)

aleigh
    Free Member

I’m sure wherever you end up you’ll have a great (30th?!) birthday 😆

dobo
    Free Member

passportes du soleil?

stratobiker
    Free Member

France.

nasher
    Free Member

Hey Juan, you have some pretty awesome riding a few hours ina car from Nice!!!

If you want remote just cross Italy and go to Eastern europe, quite alot of remote places there..

The UK is very congested!!

druidh
    Free Member

nasher – Member

The UK is very congested!!

Yes, yes it is….

juan
    Free Member

Well France is a no no people are just stupid c u next tuesday. And certainly not Nice not far away from my family.
    I am doing my mid life crisis so I want to do something for me. I’ll have a look at the places in north Scotland.

Foxy thanks very much for that 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

isle of Skye in June, some of the best single track ive ever riden, and the descent from here down to the old man of storr, and finishing in the carpark is amazing!

I have to say, I’ve only been to Skye once, for a week, when I was about 15-16, so over 20 years ago. And I still remember it as being one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been. Simply incredible.

didmatt
    Free Member

I have to say, I’ve only been to Skye once, for a week, when I was about 15-16, so over 20 years ago. And I still remember it as being one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been. Simply incredible.

Lucky enough to of been a few times, it the kind of landscape you can never not be amazed by!

juan
    Free Member

Ok I’ll have a look to skye too. But It’s going to be scotland then. I was tempted by aviemore but I fear it will be crowded

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Didmatt, we’re thinking of taking the motorbikes touring in Scotland this year and I really must try yo get to Skye again…
    😀

juan
    Free Member

Didmatt, we’re thinking of taking the motorbikes touring in Scotland this year and I really must try yo get to Skye again…

Do not tempt me… Really do not… As I struggle enough not to come back to the kingdom to buy a truxton…

didmatt
    Free Member

lots of empty roads too! im going for a week of riding on sunday 😀 If we cant ride due to the weather, we will just hike and take photos

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Where to go riding end of june?’ is closed to new replies.