Where to go….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to go….
  • I’m armed with 2 days off work and a lend of a very posh campervan. Fancy riding somewhere I’ve never been. I’ll be on my own so prefer trail centre.

Live in cheshire, regular rides are coed y brenin (my fave)/llandegla/cannock/dyfi or off piste stuff in the peaks sometimes.

Happy with a 3 hour drive or so. Was thinking glentress/inners but the wethers not looking great. Think I liked afan when i went once a few years back but cant really remember it, they are both about as far as I’d want to go. Not done much of the lakes, just whinlatter and thats been a while.

Heading off Thursday afternoon, need to be back for a saturday night wedding 🙂
    Where shall I go. Cast you’re votes (and why).

vazaha

… the boozer.

Coz itz wet.

mahalo

Scotland looks better than anywhere else weather-wise this weekend so id go for that.

plus there is nowhere better than inners!! although its probably disgusting underfoot atm.

or go and have a couple of nights at the Malverns shindig…?

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

watching the weather even in France etc lately… I’d stay at home 🙂

Like above, go to the pub.

Premier Icon jekkyl
    Subscriber

Keswick. Not much rain forecast Fri or Saturday.
    Weather forecast for Keswick, Cumbria from the Met Office weather app.
    Sat 15 Jun: Light rain, a day high of 16°C, night low of 10°C.

Borrowdale bash one day.
    Then take your pick for the 2nd day. If you wanna stay low level lonscale fell in the morning then both Whinlatter loops after lunch.

jz123

Bike park Wales, it’s a similar distance to afan and there’s some really good trails there, enough to keep you going for a few days.

withersea

If the weather forecast is better in Scotland try Ae. Haven’t been for a few years, but always really enjoyed it.

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

Antur Stiniog. Interesting drive, good scenery, good all weather trails and underground trampolining on the same site if you get bored of riding your bike.

Weather doesn’t look terrible either. Sunshine and showers, and not too windy.

Weather looks decent at glentress/inners – whats the surface like with the amount of rain we’ve had?

Failing that I could do stiniog Friday and a run round brenin Saturday – nice and rocky there so should ride fine even with the ammount of rain?

Bike park wales also looks ok – is the carpark campable/decent site near by?

Might do bike park wales, the view camp site is round the corner. Assume it doesn’t really matter what the weather is like there. Then just stop somewhere on the way home sat for another ride.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.