Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where to get touch up paint?
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Anyone know a supplier who can provide test pot sized powder coat touch-up paint? My tennis ball yellow Bronson has a couple of meaty scratches and a rub point on the top tube I want to do something about before protecting with a decal. Santa Cruz/Jungle UK cannot supply the paint, but have given me the Pantone reference

andyl
    Free Member

Powder coat isn’t like wet paint so you can’t buy a touch up paint for it.

Your best bet would take it to a car paint supplier and get them to try and match it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I emailed Cotic today Alex, Cy told me the best match for cotic green, would Jungle/Stif maybe help out?.

Edit – sorry, just read your post properly! 😳

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

andyl – Member

Powder coat isn’t like wet paint so you can’t buy a touch up paint for it.

I didn’t know that. I guess then I just need “normal” paint in a small quantity to a specific Pantone reference. I’m thinking of something like the car touch up stuff you get in Halfords

Has nobody amongst the STW massive done a bit of scratch touching up on their pride on joy? I don’t mind scratches lower down the bike as they are just war wounds, but the ones on the top tube, plus the rub patch from my knee, are bugging me

Northwind

Halfords car pens are actually fine and the colour matching indicators on the containers are not bad. Not perfect but not bad. I generally use airfix paint though 😆 Properly tough and available in lots of colours.

Armed with the pantone code you can also get a RAL equivalent and that can lead you off to good car paint matches.

dhrider
    Free Member

Not many tennis ball yellow cars about tho so you may struggle to find car paint that colour.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Managed to answer my own question. Found THESE people who provide touch up or aerosol to match RAL colours

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where to get touch up paint?’ is closed to new replies.