Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Where to get sofas from?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Tried the obvious places and nothing really hits the mark (DFS, Barker & Stonehouse etc) – but nervous about buying online as it is difficult to know the quality of things – so can anyone recommend a decent online retailer?

Cheers

g5604
    Free Member

Just done some work for https://www.love-your-home.co.uk

Seems to be good price/quality ratio

wilfie
    Free Member

We have used Sofa Sofa and were impresssed. UK made to order, based in Newport.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ahsat

We spent ages 18 months ago looking for something and I felt similar to you about buying online. Ended up finding what we were looking for in Fenwicks Newcastle. Dont be afraid to look in the more local stores.

rene59
    Free Member

I couldn’t buy a sofa without trying it out first, bonkers. So many look great but as uncomfortable as an uncomfortable thing.

midlifecrashes

Don’t know how modern/traditional/shabbychic/hipster you’re looking for, but Tetrad don’t skimp on quality, and you can get them all over the place.

wallop

We’ve just bought from Sofas and Stuff. Recommended to us because apparently they have the least amount of insurance claims for damage, breakages etc (or something).

Seem pretty good quality. The cushions have foam inners, with feather outers, so you get the best of both worlds in terms of comfort and holding its shape.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Sofa.com if you want excellent quality and value. The base fabrics are a linen/cotton blend and very soft. Not the cheapest around, but you’ll love the quality.

enfht
    Free Member

Fabb Sofas are good fvm.

Marko

Another vote for Sofa Sofa

Made in Wales and just up the road from Cwmcarn, so shopping and biking all in a day. Huge showroom and if you’re not happy they’ll replace them.

They even include a bit of greenwash as well:

Our British Made Sofas are made from non tropical hardwoods, sourced from sustainable European forests. As a British Manufacturer we comply with all European environmental legislation and actively recycle wherever possible. Oh, and our furniture doesn’t travel 5000 miles from China‘.

Andy_B

We drove down to sofa sofa and thought it was complete crap. To be fair they seem better than others of similar price.

The Sofa Library in Bristol seemed very good and we’ll probably go there when get the cash together.

DrP

THis makes me chuckle as Chez P has just bought new sofas, and loads of my friends have asked “how did you buy a sofa so quickly”??!!

I didn’t realise sofa buying was a challenge!]

I explained; the situation was thus… “Our current sofa was covered in toddler pi$$ as she’s jsut finished potty training. I never really liked it anyway”… “we went to town, saw a sofa we liked on offer… gave them money…and 5 hours later it was delivered…”

The old urine stained beast was collected by some ‘people’ off a local facebook page…

Easy peasy!

DrP

djflexure

If you are looking for decent with discount Darlings of Chelsea have an online clearance site. I have had 3 sofas from them recently and all are good.

Another option is the Tetrad outlet store near Preston if you are local. They refresh stock regularly but post it up on Facebook.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Secret section at PlanetX? 😉

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered one from Sofology, so far impressed with the service.

Moses

Gumtree

onehundredthidiot

Martin and frost. Although the new sofas are ercol, which is nice.

Jamie
    Free Member

I heard DFS are having a sale. Not sure when it’s on till, tho.

jamj1974

John Lewis & Laura Ashley. The former were reasonably priced – the latter in their sale at 70% off, which made it reasonable..

Comfortable and look good.

RustySpanner

How much do you want to spend?

Jamie – Member

Amazingly, we’re now in the period where DFS ramp up their prices in preparation for the new year sale.
    🙂

mlbaker
    Free Member

Just bought this large armchair from IKEA:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/sofas-armchairs/armchairs/stocksund-armchair-nolhaga-dark-grey-black-wood-spr-59033555/

Seems good value compared to DFS etc. And ready to go on the day. Comfortable too

TiRed

I think with sofas you get what you pay for. Tetrad, Parker Knoll,John Lewis, and Laura Ashley; all decent established companies. Furniture Village isn’t a bad call for sitting on the things.

Don’t write-off old fashioned brands, they have contemporary designs that won’t data like a cheap leather L-shaped abomination 😉

And don’t get hung up on discounts either – buy quality at a reasonable price.

wzzzz
    Free Member

got ours at m&s

funkmasterp

Hurry! Must end this weekend.

We got our last one from Ebay and it’s great.

RustySpanner

These are good and you can watch them being made if you want.

Springvale Leather.

They do fabric too.

Not cheap, but the kids are still using properly made sofas both me and Mrs S inherited from our parents.
    You’d spend more on a bike and sit on it far less.
    🙂

Nice people to deal with.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Where to get sofas from?’ is closed to new replies.