Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to get Pacenti SL25 built for my new Giant TCX Carbon
  • AB
    Free Member

Got one of these and looking to built up some light wheels without a big price tag.

The consensus on here seems to be Pacenti SL25s are the way to go. Looking for some advice on what hubs to mate them to that are a good compromise between weight and price (The TCX needs 15mm front /12mm rear). Weight sitting at 12st/76kg and will be using for upcoming cross season.

Also, any advice on where to get them from would be much appreciated.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice Bike Sir!

I’m going all carbon so can’t help you but hey, Nice Bike!

(I’ve got the Adv1 in blue) 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

http://wheels.23mm.co.uk/ ?

Seems to have a good reputation

AB
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    Nice Bike Sir!

I’m going all carbon so can’t help you but hey, Nice Bike!

(I’ve got the Adv1 in blue)

Why thank you. I looked at carbon, not totally dismissing it. Light Bicycle seem to have a decent reputation. Quite liked the look of their 35/38mm carbon rims, but worried about built quality and after market service etc.

P.S. The Blue one is pimping – well done!

AB
    Free Member

atlaz – Member
    http://wheels.23mm.co.uk/ ?

Seems to have a good reputation

Thanks. Had a look. On Novatecs they seem to be building up to £475 without skewers and tape. Don’t know if that sounds reasonable or expensive???

atlaz
    Free Member

No idea. Drop him an email and have a chat.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Never had a problem with JustRidingAlong and they’ve doen a few wheels for me.

Their ‘own brand’ Jawbone wheels use SL25 rims on Bitex (I think) hubs for less than £400 IIRC, or I’d be tempted with DT 350 hubs.

AB
    Free Member

breatheeasy – Member
    Never had a problem with JustRidingAlong and they’ve doen a few wheels for me.

Their ‘owe brand’ Jawbone wheels use SL25 rims on Bitex (I think) hubs for less than £400 IIRC, or I’d be tempted with DT 350 hubs.

Not heard much about Bitex hubs. Any idea how they compare to the likes of Novatec (which to be fair I know **** all about too :wink:)?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Not sure on the Bitex hubs – sure its been mentioned somewhere they are RAF12 and RAR12 (front and rear Bitex models). Spares might be an issue.

JRA a custom wheel builder function, spec it up with some other hubs and check out the prices.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where to get Pacenti SL25 built for my new Giant TCX Carbon’ is closed to new replies.