• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by aP.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Where to get an PCR or LFT for Heathrow flight proof
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Does anyone know how to get a lateral flow test on the day of your flight?

Do you book it at Heathrow?

My GP surgery knows nothing about it!

Tempted to ask my pharmacist etc.

Any advice or experience welcomed!

Drac

Your GP won’t do it it’s not their job, you have to pay for them from a testing centre that does them for travel purposes.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I thought that too and maybe they had a service I could pay for but sadly not.

Guess I’ll Google testing centre!

Thanks.

scuttler

Does it need to be day of flight? Most airlines / countries require 24 – 72 hours, or ‘day before’ which avoids having to count hours. You’re more than likely searching for ‘PCR Fit to Fly’ or ‘Antigen Lateral Flow Fit to Fly’. There should be no shortage of these services in and around Heathrow.

I don’t want to piss on your chips but you don’t sound very organised so it might be worth studying the UK Gov website to understand what’s required for your destination – https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice, click your country, click Entry Requirements.

Drac

I thought that too and maybe they had a service I could pay for but sadly not.

They’re busy enough as it is.

crossed

Each terminal at Heathrow has at least one test centre ran by ExpressTest. You need to book your time slot with them.
    Make sure you’re not late for your slot as they can be very fussy about it if you’re late, often refusing people tests and throwing travel plans in to chaos!

poolman
    Free Member

I did a walk in randox at Manchester and found them to be really helpful, it was in December though and an arrival pcr, I was tight on time as had a train to catch so went early, they let me in no problem.

Google a discount code, I got a bit off.

Funnily enough from aircraft landing, border control, pcr test, took about an hour which is far less than pre covid times. Plane was full too so it wasn’t that.

Might have been collinson not randox, but it was a walk in test centre at Manchester airport.

docrobster

The “H” in NHS stands for Health, not Holiday. 🙄

DaveP

Friends have used c19testing.co.uk

5plusn8
    Free Member

https://www.expresstest.co.uk/london-heathrow-airport/#Heathrow%20Drive%20Through

Used several times at heathrow and gatwick.
    They might sell your DNA but you do get to go on holiday.

kilo

My mother used the test centre at T2 lhr on return from abroad a couple of weeks ago, results were a couple of hours and she didn’t pay for express iirc

Jamze

I’ve been using Prenetics for all my tests for travel. Had no issues with them. For countries that need a witnessed LFT, they use a company called Azova who do the test over a video call with you.

Saves rushing about at the airport.

web.projectscreen.co.uk

Twodogs

Boots. Delivered to your house beforehand, do the test, upload photo of result, certificate emailed within seconds

Spud

I ordered the tests from Boots for a work trip to Cayman past couple of weeks. £20, did at home, followed instructions and certificate emailed. Only issue was the BA App not recognisiing it was within the 24hr pre-flight period, but all sorted at check-in. Colleagues did the Express Test morning of the flight.
    Should add Boots also do tests at certain pharmacies that are administered.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thanks for the good advice.

Just an update: Lloyds chemist do a service £35 antigen test. Some airlines want a medical professional to witness it rather than a snap.

Organised? Not really, I’m trying to finish a project before taking a new one so will have a few hours to get ready before the flight. Read the requirements but wasn’t sure where to get tested, hence my Q.

At Lloyds Chem, You book the LFT way ahead and then take within 24 hrs before your flight and get a certificate etc. PCR would be better for more time – 3 day window before flights.

I’ll be working out there so not really a holiday as I’ve lived there before.

People moaning about the NHS shouldn’t be used, many people use the nhs and pay extra fees for things like letters and extra vaccinations like hepatitis who work in medicine. My doctor will write me a letter and I have to pay which is fine etc.

aP
    Free Member

I did mine at the nearest Nuffield Health centre. I paid for same day and got it in 4 hours. You can pay for a quicker service.
    Some countries require you to fill out quite a lot of paperwork so it may be a tight doing it on the day.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.