Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where to get a Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Garmin 510
  • carlos
    Free Member

Current screen protector is getting a bit shabby and scratched. It’s a standard, something like M3 clear plastic I guess.

Anyone know who/where does a Tempered Glass version?? They seem to last a lot longer, don’t scratch and do a much better job of protecting the screen

Cheers
    Carlos

daern
    Free Member

My son has a 510 and I bought a tempered protector from Amazon…

…but, it was so unresponsive that it was removed mid way through the first ride we did with it and I’ve never replaced it. It’s odd as my 1000 has always been fine with tempered glass protectors, but whatever the 510 uses seems completely unusable with one.

At your own risk, you can get it from here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M23Y2LL/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

as a question what are you protecting it from? Had an 810 for years with nothing on there and the new 520 doesn’t have anything either, lots of crashes and bad weather and was all fine

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    daern
    Free Member

Can’t speak for OP, but for me it’s protecting it from scratches caused by wiping or using the touchscreen when it’s completely covered in mud and grit. Eventually, the screen just turns opaque. I don’t believe Garmin use screens that are as tough as Gorilla Glass used on modern phones, so they’ll pretty quickly scratch up.

Certainly, the plastic screen protectors I used to use were replaced every few weeks when they became too scratched, but the tempered ones do last a fair while longer – probably 6-12 months between swaps now.

jonnyboi

the problem with older garmin models is that the resistive touch screen is pretty unresponsive and vague in the first place. adding a glass screen will only make that worse.

carlos
    Free Member

Mike – Protecting from scratches caused by wiping or using the touchscreen when it’s completely covered in mud and grit. Eventually, the screen just turns opaque, just as Daern has stated.

jonnyboi – I’m not a screen flicker whilst out and about, but I do like to see what’s being displayed. as long as it lights up and I can read it it’ll be fine

carlos
    Free Member

Found some on eBay from China so will give them a whirl.Only a couple of quid so not expecting too much, but hoping they are better than what I have/nothing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/282687451797?chn=ps&adgroupid=13585920426&rlsatarget=pla-142413562146&abcId=&adtype=pla&merchantid=9593024&poi=&googleloc=1006904&device=c&campaignid=207297426&crdt=0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where to get a Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Garmin 510’ is closed to new replies.