Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Where to eat in Leeds tonight?
  • mos

Off in to watch Cirque this afternoon at leeds arena with the OH & we’ll be wanting some food afterwards. Can anybody suggest somewhere that won’t be full of chic townies propping up the bar quaffing staropramen from 2 foot tall vases whilst i try & have quiet meal?
    Oh and i don’t like mexican.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Red’s True Barbeque next to the Corn Exchange.

ElShalimo

Little Tokyo behind Debenhams
    Aagrah below BBC

timc
    Free Member

I went the Blackhouse grill couple o f weeks back, was great

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

mos, I asked a similar question some months back and had some good suggestions. Mine was more for pub grub though so maybe not what you’re looking for.

mos

Cheers all, i was thinking about Reds, but have heard tales of long waits on saturday nights. Aagrah is sounding good. Has anyone been to Akbars on Greek Street or Eastgate?

djglover
    Free Member

chaophraya was good when we went a few weeks ago

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hansas.. vegetarian Indian curry house

ton

reds is now pretty crap. in the space of 6 months it has gone from being a good value place, to a over popular rip off joint, smaller portions, crap service, crap waiting time, unable to book, and mass produces rather than homemade burgers.

edit, me and the good lady went to a little Persian shisha place, just to the left of the corn exchange.
    it was fantastic, value and quality wise.

CHB

If near the arena and you like Japanese then try Fuji Hiro at the side of the Merrion centre. Better food than little Tokyo, but not as nice décor.
    The pork gyoza is lovely and the seafood ramen is great too.

CHB

Hansas is good too. Hansa is a family friend of my wifes (she used to waitress there!) and the restaurant is run to a very high standard.

ton

hansas next to the reliance at top of north street?

CHB

yes, there used to be a hansas in Bradford but it closed (like Bradford generally, sadly).
    Is the Reliance still nice for food? have not been there in ages.

imnotamused
    Free Member

2nd vote for Little Tokyo. Meets your criteria exactly.

ton

it is ok, bit pricy but very tasty
    I don’t go there for food tho, rooster is my reward for the journey over to the ringroad,

seavers
    Free Member

The reliance is still good, although depending what you order the dish might not be very big so make sure you have enough side dishes etc!

ElShalimo

Hansas quality is variable, sometimes wonderful, sometimes not

There’s a Lebanese place on Merrion St called Fairuz. It was great the last time we went.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Akbars on Greek Street is average,food is ok but nothing to write home about. I’d go to Hansas as per above comments.

olddog

Reliance, next to Hansas, is really good for food and beer. Midnight Bell and Cross Keys over the river from the station both v good too.

johndoh
    Free Member

Akbars just for the novelty of a family naan…

bennn
    Free Member

It Bar and Food Joint is near the venue, and a million times betteerer than Reds

crankboy
    Free Member

Fuji Hiro or little Tokyo are excellent choices for quality food with minimal chic townie risk .

crankboy
    Free Member

Where did you go ?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

you must have got it on an off night Tony – Reds usually delivers in handfuls.

Greek St Akbars is good – great food but (this sounds daft) its always stupidly noisey down there. Blackhouse – scene of one of the best steaks I’ve ever had and an extremely flirty waitress. That was a good night!

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

+ for Reds – it’s usually awesome, but there can be a long wait.

If you like tapas, Ambiente on the Calls is lovely – you can also share paella dishes there. I went with my mum not so long ago and we had a little starter and then shared a mixed paella, it was really nice.

My favourite curry in Leeds is Shabab which is just underneath the station, down towards Granary Wharf. There is also a really nice teppanyaki restaurant called Wasabi Teppanyaki on Granary Wharf, which happens to be next to a good pub with a variety of real ales and Belgian beers on offer, called the Hop.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Where to eat in Leeds tonight?’ is closed to new replies.