Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Where to donate childrens toys to?
  • iffoverload
    Free Member

Struggling to find somewhere happy to take used toys and dolls round Bristol or Bath area.

Most seem to want new but unboxed, not after any money for them just want to avoid contributing to the land fill and pretty sure there must be somewhere/someone who could use them.

thanks for any suggestions.

IHN

A charity shop?

Cougar

Local hospital maybe?

footflaps

Local Hospice?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Sunnyside Daycare? …..maybe not the Caterpillar room though.

bearnecessities

Local Hostel?

4130s0ul
    Free Member

just hang around outside of schools offering them to the children… 😯

rossburton
    Free Member

It’s surprisingly difficult to donate young child toys, there’s the safety thing that most places that you’d think would like free toys will have random children putting the toys in their mouth so they’ll tend to buy new to be sure that there’s nothing disgusting/broken.

Some charity shops will take them, but we’ve either taken boxes of them to a boot sale, sold job lots on local facebook groups, or just given away job lots on freegle.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We do a mixture of the local charity shop and some to the local hospital.

markoulini

Take your old toys to the nest project in locks brook trading estate Bath. They distribute toys/clothes/baby stuff to anyone that needs them.

http://thenestproject.co.uk/

They also have a health supply of tea and cake.

maccruiskeen

How about a Toy Library

WillH

Women’s refuge? Often women and kids have to make a hasty exit leaving everything behind.

holst
    Free Member

I think Red Bull Racing are looking for some after Max Verstappen threw his out of his pram.

Albanach
    Free Member

There’s a clas Barnardos kids toys store in Glasgow which I am sure would take the toys if they are in good nick – you could check if there is a similar store in your area. Or how about local doctors surgery waiting rooms?

petefromearth

There’s a baby/kids stuff charity shop on Gloucester Rd. Been there quite a lot this week! Some bargains to be had. It’s great for first timers like us, our daughter is now 3 days old.

Otherwise I’m sure any charity shop would take them. You could try Gumtree although I tend to find it’s mainly carbooters scavenging for free stuff, hard to find a worthy home.

petefromearth

Here it is

Children’s Hospice South West Shop

https://goo.gl/maps/zaEb4BSwbT12

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Where to donate childrens toys to?’ is closed to new replies.