Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Where to camp and ride this weekend?
  • chevychase

Off in the car with the missus and the tent this weekend. We’re coming from oop north and friends are coming from Bristol.

We often meet up Snowdonia way but I’l looking for something a little further south that’s still hilly. A campsite that allows campfires and ideally has a pub no more than 30 minutes walk away.

Big days ride in the hills, natural or trail centre would be ideal.

I’ve been looking near Nant Yr Arian. Anyone got any alternative suggestions?

Where do you people love to rock up of a weekend. Where do you love to ride?

Campsite suggestions and gpx links please! 🙂

trailwagger
    Free Member

If you are thinking of Nant yr Arian then there is a great campsite right next to devils bridge called woodlands caravan park

chevychase

Ta, looks great, but no campfires allowed. Fire is integral to camping IMO. Plus I’ve three bags of logs to burn, so I’m gonna burn ’em. 🙂

It’s important as we’ve taken to wrapping a leg of lamb and a joint of beef in tin-foil and wanging ’em on the fire (along with the potatoes). Queue caveman-like eating (along with a nice bottle of red) after a long day out in the hills!

IHN

Hayles Fruit Farm:

http://www.haylesfruitfarm.co.uk/Stay_With_Us/

Ride out into the Cotswolds from the door/tentflap. Winchcombe’s about 3 miles away where there’s a selection of pubs, so probably a ride rather than a walk, or you could sort a taxi out though I’m sure.

chevychase

Looks a nice site IHN, and fulfils all the requirements. But TBH, I kinda dislike the Cotswolds for some reason. I find it all a bit twee.

Bigger hills please!

Oh, and fire. Don’t forget the fire 😀

chevychase

Anyone got any GPXs of natural riding around Trallwm, near Bulith Wells?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Where to camp and ride this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.