Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where to buy second hand bmx
  • Premier Icon eckinspain
    Free Member

I know nothing about Bmx bikes. Is there a forum to find out more, or any recommendations on what to buy?

Premier Icon spaniardclimber
    Free Member

Well, first of all: what kind of riding are you going to do? Race? Street?
    There’s this forum http://forums.bmxtalk.com and also this FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/335669933240961/?ref=bookmarks

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

Just like mountain bikes, the kind of riding you want to do will dictate the kind of bike you want.

So where and what do you want to ride? Street, dirt, park, racing?

Premier Icon eckinspain
    Free Member

I went to a BMX taster at Lee Valley on Saturday as part of the VeloPark experience.
    I work in West London and there is a BMX track just up the road at Wormwood Scrubs so I was wondering if I bought a cheap second-hand BMX bike I could ride up there at lunchtime and use the track to get some sort of exercise into my life.

A bit more info on the track can be found here

So in answer to the questions above, I guess that’s dirt? I doubt I will be racing.

Premier Icon TheBrick
    Free Member

As you want to ride round a track then a race bike is more your thing but it will not really matter much. I would go more dirt just because it would work better at a skate park too. More importantly is your height. If you are tall go for a 21″ frame if not less important.

Premier Icon eckinspain
    Free Member

I am certainly not tall.
    Thanks.

Is there a bmxtrackworld equivalent?

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

I don’t use any BMX forums but I’d start looking here- LINK

Loads of choice on there. Bare in mind though that there really is no lower limit to the quality of a BMX. The cheapest ones are awful. It would be like trying to get into mountain biking on a Tesco’s BSO.

Proper race bikes are rare and funny looking but a good dirt frame should be good. They tend to be lighter than street bikes and also longer with slacker head angle. Modern BMX’s are a million times nicer than what I used to ride. I wish I had an excuse to buy something up to date.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy second hand bmx’ is closed to new replies.