Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where to buy MTB/CX toe studs/spikes for muddy Scottish cross races?
  • AB
    Free Member

The steep, mud-strewn banks and hills of the Scottish cross scene are prompting me to invest in a set of studs/spikes for my shoes.

I have a set of Giro and Mavic mtb shoes which will take them, but I’m struggling to find some online.

Anyone purchased anything similar recently?

Thanks guys.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Football studs or running spikes not do the job?

GHill

If you can wait a bit, Fluent in Cross are getting some Horst spikes in. Some long ones should see you right (touch pricey, but they are imported).

AB
    Free Member

GHill – Member
    If you can wait a bit, Fluent in Cross are getting some Horst spikes in. Some long ones should see you right (touch pricey, but they are imported).

Sent him a wee email. COuld be doing with them ASAP.

Any other suggestions?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Rugby studs for a few pence from a local sports shop for a quick fix.

lunge

Same thread as rugby stubs and athletics spikes, unless you particularly want that exact shape I’d just buy some of those for about £4 from Sport Direct.
    A quick google suggest £2 for some 15mm cross country spikes or £3.50 for rugby studs and you get plenty spare ones in a pack. Done.

Edit, just seen the link for Horst spikes, £15 for 4 studs? Wow, just wow.

AB
    Free Member

@ wanmankylung, leggyblonde and lunge

Longer rugby studs will be just the job. Thanks.

cp

Decathlon do long alu studs

kilo

I use these http://www.rosebikes.com/article/gaerne-aluminium-studs-for-mtb-shoes/aid:639616 they have a bit more bite than rugby studs

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Any bike shop that deals with Zyro should be able to get hold of them. Ask your lbs.

eddie11
    Free Member

You can get them branded as sidi too.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’ve got lake boots with stud holes but the rugby studs don’t fit. Gave up in the end.

barrykellett
    Free Member

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/sidi-screw-in-studs-for-mtb-shoes-4-piece-162045

I couldn’t find any local or on the usual UK shops.
    I’ve used rugby studs before but wanted something a little more subtle.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy MTB/CX toe studs/spikes for muddy Scottish cross races?’ is closed to new replies.