Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to buy Crossmax SX 2011 20mm to 15mm Adaptor in the UK?
  • nwill1
    Free Member

Thinking of picking up a set of the older 2009/10/11 Crossmax SX wheels, looks as if they only come with a 20mm option on the front. After some research looks as though you need to buy an axel conversion kit, have only seen in the US so far and looking for a cheaper option before pulling the trigger.

nwill1
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd.

AndreyE
    Free Member

I have the same wheels and always assumed they’re not convertible until recently saw them with 15 mm front.

Not sure if these will fit?

http://www.purebike.fr/en/vtt-f1/roues-f58/hubs-and-parts-f62/mavic-15-mm-adapters-a5100.html

Suggsey
    Free Member

Thought my brand new set came with all the converters in a mass of packaging…..but I want to hang on to my adapters for the future in case of fork changes etc.

AndreyE
    Free Member

The wheels in question are grey rims white hubs if I’m not mistaken? They’re 2009-11 model years.

The 2012 ones (white rims and hubs) are fully convertible. The 2009-11 ones may be convertible as well but the 20 mil caps are definitely different externally – they just don’t have the slot for removing the caps as shown in the online step-by-step conversion instructions.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Ah right.

nwill1
    Free Member

Yes 2009-11, I saw this

http://www.risseracing.com/QR-15_SX_axle.shtml

I wondered if there was anywhere in the UK I could get, works out about £50 from US.

AndreyE
    Free Member

Ah, Risse Racing it is then!

I think it’s their custom axle and probably the only known (to me at least) way to convert it. So 2012+ conversion kit will definitely not work.

d45yth
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure the Risse Racing axle is your only (off the shelf) option…it’s what made me buy a set of ST’s instead back in 2010, as I already had a 15mm fork.

Edit – beaten to it by AndreyE

nwill1
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ve got a bike with 20mm & one with 15mm ideally I’d run them on both…was hoping there was a cheaper more local option.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy Crossmax SX 2011 20mm to 15mm Adaptor in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.