Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Where to buy a terracotta drain cover/grid thingy for a Victorian house?
  • globalti
    Free Member

Can’t find anything suitable on the web, it’s to allow water to drain from my cycling buddy’s front path, which floods, and it needs to match his nice old Victorian house so no plastic or steel. There must be somebody, somewhere, who makes reproduction drainage bits in frost proof terracotta?

spooky_b329

Would have been iron back in the day I would have thought? Terracotta for a grid in the floor would be too fragile I think. Perhaps you could fit one of those slot drains, almost invisible.

spooky_b329

Quite a selection of victorian iron drain covers on ebay

bearnecessities

I bought mine from Gibbs and Dandy. I was a bit surprised at how expensive iit was (Around £45 IIRC) but chancing my arm as you tend to do, asked if a discount available and they knocked a third off straight away, so I suspect whopping margins involved 🙂

Solid though and the (included) leaf-catchy-thing fitted perfectly.

EDIT: Someone misread the question. I was rambling on about terracotta gulleys. Carry on.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Nothing on Amazon Prime to order for free delivery tomorrow, if order placed before 2200? 😆

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Try and find a potter locally. If you have a shard of the original cover they could use that to replicate the pattern

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy a terracotta drain cover/grid thingy for a Victorian house?’ is closed to new replies.