Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Where to buy a Nexus7
  • petrieboy

So following all the recent tablet threads I now need a tablet. Thanks guys. Nexus7 is £199 pretty much everywhere but only £159 direct from play.google – so what’s the catch??

daveh
    Free Member

16gb vs 32gb.

AdamW
    Free Member

Bought 32GB one last Sunday from Curry’s at £199. Couldn’t find a 16GB one for less than £189.99.

Went to shop to get, not online.

carbon337
    Free Member

Currys 169 with £10 store credit. £159 direct from google but they charge 10 quid delivery.

Both 16gb I’ve just bought a one for 100 from a guy at work as he is getting 3G model next week.

petrieboy

Is that an in store offer at cirrus? I only see £20 off when you buy a case (presumably for £20 over the odds)

Didn’t realise google charged for delivery – they must spring that once you’ve signed up to google wallet. Cheeky monkeys.

carbon337
    Free Member

Ah its not there anymore. It was earlier today it was in the banner bit.

Ive just heard they charge you £10 at the end – give it a try, find out and let us know.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Got one today – its ace 🙂

spawnofyorkshire

i got my 32gb one from pc world for £199. reserved it online then popped in at lunchtime and picked it up

Cougar

John Lewis, excellent warranty services.

Bez

John Lewis are out of stock, though – I ended up ordering one yesterday from Google Play (which as far as I can see is the only place selling the 16GB under £199). Yes, they do charge you £9.99 for delivery.

And that of course meant that a matter of hours later a thread popped up on HotUKDeals informing me that Currys are doing 5% (£10) off today, plus a £10 voucher, plus 2% Quidco if you order online by midnight tonight.

So if you get in quick there, you have my invocation of Sod’s Law to thank.

Bez

Er, look closely, they’re trying to tell you something 🙂

daveh
    Free Member

Picked mine up today. Very nice it is too. Android is a bit of a learning curve, no more or less so than anything else new though. Widgets good!

deviant
    Free Member

Got the 32Gb version from PC-World for £199 today, great bit of kit….perfect size, i’ve always felt that 10 inch tablets are too much like a laptop….the 7 inch size feels just like reading a book which is surely the idea.

Nice screen, fast and smooth OS, slightly rubberised back for grip….no complaints so far, i’ll have to get the Nexus phone in the new year too i think.

daveh
    Free Member

How’s your typing going? I’ve noticed that despite the keyboard flashing blue ie registering the touch, quite often the letter doesn’t appear on screen. Odd and annoying. Can’t find much on the web about it though.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think if Ive got myself some pocket money after christmas I shall treat myself to a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 4. What great loooking/specc’d bits of kit.

scaredypants

get swype and never* type again

*OK, I lied a bit but it is great

daveh
    Free Member

Had thought about swype but I understand 4.2 is bringing similar functionality and it may arrive Monday (or v soon anyway).

hertz32
    Free Member

we got the 16GB version for £168 from the Duty free in departures at Gatwick although i believe PC world do them at £169 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy a Nexus7’ is closed to new replies.