Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Where to buy a groupset?
  • tootallpaul

Where is the best place to pick up a groupset at the moment?

Cheers all,

Paul

parkesie
    Free Member

I usually go with Merlin. Usually competitive on price. Good on options and stock. Fast turnaround and good to deal with if you cock your order up.

edlong
    Free Member

LBS?

tommid
    Free Member

Merlin. Always bargains to be had.

Sundayjumper

Another vote for Merlin.

cookeaa

Shop about all the usual suspects I would say, merlin, CRC, Ribble, etc… One or other will be cheapest. Other than maybe offering choices on crank length or other bits there’s not much to differentiate other than the price really…

cp

I tend to use Merlin for stuff, even if they’re a bit more expensive, because they’re great! You’ll generally have your stuff next working day after order even on free delivery.

crashrash

another vote for Merlin

onandon
    Free Member

It depended on the groupset. Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy the parts individually.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

+1 Merlin, rose bikes and bikes.de German sites can be cheap for parts too, although the euro rate is limiting the deals

chakaping
    Free Member

Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy the parts individually.

+1

I usually get mech, shifter, chain, chainset from two or three different places – but usually have one or two of the items in the spares box anyway.

If I were speccing a new bike today I’d probably get XT 11sp mech & shifter, Sram GX cassette, outgoing SLX chainset on discount, 105 11sp chain & superstar narrow-wide ring for £15.

chakaping
    Free Member

But if starting from scratch, this is quite reasonable if you have BC discount…
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-slx-1×11-drivetrain-groupset/rp-prod148625

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Merlin are pretty unbeatable for road groupsets, but I don’t find their MTB groupsets particularly competitive compared with buying components seperately from Wiggle.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Ribble are always worth checking too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy a groupset?’ is closed to new replies.