Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Where the Trail Ends – Freeride MTB film
  • rOcKeTdOg

Few gobsmaking moments, but i got bored of constant “desert riding” and switched it off, won’t be rushinh out to buy it

Mantastic
    Free Member

Yet another film where they

“take biking back to basics”
    “push the envelope”
    “ride the same stuff repeatedly”
    “destroy previously unmarked landscapes”
    “the riders sound like bill and ted rather than normal human beings”

Waste of money, just dig out one of your old DVD’s as they are all much the same.

When will they bring out something original.

Feel the gnarr bro, rad to the powah of sic, peace out

ocrider

According to one of the riders (probably a McCaul) this is “true big mountain riding” so all that stuff that people have been doing for years in non-desert mountain ranges doesn’t qualify?

Some of this film reminded me of Eric Barone’s efforts on that volcano, in a bodysuit, although at half the speed and with sickkkkk threads on, dude.

That backflip was immense though.

martinxyz
    Free Member

and of course the reply to us talking about it in this way will only make them think we are a bunch of fat keyboard warriors slating it. This is true on my part. I take it the film was put together with the intentions of it being better than all previous stuff as far as riding,scenery etc goes. I just commented the way I have above as that’s my views on it. It’s old hat,the bmx clip shows what’s happening on two wheels elsewhere in the world right now and it truly is riding worth watching that blows this away.

I know those guys would say something like ‘well this is the way mtb is right now and people want to watch what we’re doing right this minute’ but if the progression over the past 10 or so years has come to this.. then to get my fix of wow factor I will have to continue watching bmx.

…and the natural world repeats ;O)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It was OK.

Vast is still my favourite biking film by some distance.

warpcow
    Free Member

Probably the worst bit was it made some of the riding look like it was just hold on down a steep hill rather than impressive.

^^This! A couple of things were impressive, but over-all I was just terminally bored after 15mins. The good thing is that it made me want to get out and ride somewhere that didn’t look like a sand-pit.

The “we think MTB is a developed sport”-argument is BS. Just look at how often someone tries to define XC, or a company announces a new must-have niche bike, and we all get in the same argument about what MTB ‘really is’ that then peters out when everyone gets bored and just decides to go ride a bike instead.

peachos
    Free Member

Probably the worst bit was it made some of the riding look like it was just hold on down a steep hill rather than impressive.

ah, like the guy who was carving massive turns in the loose shale? just. holding. on. riiiight….

you lot just sound dull! big mountain stuff has been done before, but this was next level stuff. they took you to places you’ve never seen or heard of before and rode their bikes down lines that no other humans have ever even previously considered. with a hell of a lot of style to boot. that was the concept of the film – pretty simple, what’s not to get?

i’m sure if they wanted to make something with lots of fooling around (like Dudes of Hazard), or make a film purely about pushing the boundaries of massively complex new school bmx-style tricks they could have. and i’m pretty sure that all the riders and photographers of other films can appreciate the efforts taken to make WTTE rather than sitting at home thinking “my stuff is better than theirs”.

Rorschach
    Free Member

True…I’d never heard of china before I watched it.
    We’re all middle aged IT workers….’course we’re dull,thicko.

peachos
    Free Member

great response from someone who’s only input to the discussion was “i agree with such & such’s negative review because being anti-cool is the new cool”

Rorschach
    Free Member

Thanks 😀

peachos
    Free Member

anytime 😛

Stevelol
    Free Member

At the end of the day (/jeremy kyle) it’s all bike riding, so it’s all good, I was getting a bit tired of all the ‘This breaks all the boundaries!’ nonsense about where the trail ends, but you’ve got to admit the riding is pretty bloody entertaining to watch, those guys have balls as big as mountains.

Life Cycles was also pretty cringeworthy for the narration, but there are still some amazing scenes (transitions from season to season in the opening scene), it makes me confused why people on a mountain bike forum have to be completely negative about films which are good for the sport.

peachos
    Free Member

amen stevelol!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Where the Trail Ends – Freeride MTB film’ is closed to new replies.