Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Where the flip was everyone today?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Okay it was cold wet and very windy, but I didn’t see a soul all day except for an old mate coming the opposite way and he didn’t recognize me.
    Got some strange looks going through a village singing ‘That’s amoré’ at the top of my voice – lonely you see.

Edit: Not even the obligatory fat geezer on a Cervelo.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’ll probably go out for an hour or so soon, just got a new road bike so fancy going for a spin. Its cold, wet and windy here, I imagine the grizedale challenge was wonderful

Dickyboy

Okay it was cold wet and very windy

should have popped over this way, lovely near Risborough, but I’ve been out running as I got my biking fix yesterday & boy yesterday was a beauty

big_scot_nanny

They were all on my local trails! Fookin M25 this morning, normally we are the only ones out!

Kev

will1
    Free Member

Was out at 8am today. Wet but still quite warm, great ride. Didn’t see anyone else though.

rOcKeTdOg

i was with the Pope

Coyote
    Free Member

Out last night.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I bottled today but was at Llandegla yesterday on my hybrid.

Kahurangi

I bed with a dry throat, a cough, knackered chest and a cold?

That’s me!

Wish I was out in the cold and wet and wind 🙁

p.s. have you ever really looked at the eyebrows on that smilie? He’s really miserable. He wishes he was out on his bike too.

sweepy
    Free Member

Pissio here today, work then clearing the drains.

rossrobot
    Free Member

The Stanmer trails were much busier than normal. Everyone we passed looked super chuffed to be out in the sun.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Man U vs Liverpool – you missed a great game!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Loads of bikers on the Quantocks today.

Karinofnine

Oldgit, they’ve all been busy registering on dating websites 😆

Taff
    Free Member

Queen Liz / South Downs was heaving with cyclists and that’s not including the road race that was on near there too. Took the mrs out for an offroad excursion… it was as daunting as teaching her to drive!

AndrewBF
    Free Member

Drove through MTL land and up to Gisburn to try out my new motor. Blimey – it was raining hard out there. One road had a river of water crossing it near Gisburn.

I think I made the right call today. I don’t mind a bit of weather, but a deluge is just too much water for my liking.

ahwiles
    Free Member

just popping out now for couple of hours…

GhostRider
    Free Member

Wet but warm here, drizily no wind very low cloud. Cloud started to clear by mid morning but quite strange to see the clyde valley filled with cloud and me up above it in almost sun shine.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I made the most of it being sunny and dry yesterday, and did a long road ride. Was ace, only saw two other roadies inthe 5 hours i was out, and had an excellent tail wind on a flat stretch and was flying 🙂

Legs a bit tired today so went for a short run, during which I felt like death warmed up so I’m glad I didn’t ride or attempt my usual Sunday run!

flip
    Free Member

Errr i’m Flip..

Was entertaining my son, it’s my weekend 😉

Curly68
    Free Member

I popped out for an hour or so with the kids to Thetford forest. It was quite busy on the black route. Everyone enjoying themselves and chatty.
    Taught my little girl how to go over rooty drops, which was nice.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

SPAM BLAST, Cool breezes and miles of dusty singletrack.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Not many out on Bodmin Moor today either. It was overcast but dry & the trails were running fast :o)

Saw two guys on MTB bikes later on going up towards Caradon Hill but they turned off at the bottom & I never saw them again.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

9am was digging a trail in cheltenham (missed my alarm for the 8am meet 🙁 )
    Then 1pm was a 35k ride across cheltenham to painswick beacon and back. this was after cwmcarn friday and my local loop yesterday.

I feel dead.

craig1975
    Free Member

was out at 9am up at Mugdock for 3hrs.. got very wet and muddy… much fun 😀

aP
    Free Member

At doctors this am getting antibiotics then Twickenham for coffee and waitrose. Back home for motogp then a snooze, an hour or so in the garden cutting things down and now a pint.
    3 Peaks training going quite well I think.

Murray

Battersea Park with wife and kids then a lap of Lotts Wood when we got back.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Ruthin marathon with about 850 others 😀

br
    Free Member

Okay it was cold wet and very windy, but I didn’t see a soul all day except for an old mate

Didn’t realise that Leighton Buzzard has it own weather system?

Bit chilly, but a real dry day down on the North Downs for us.

gothandy

Did the SPAM Levington Blast, it was great. Not sure what all this complaining about being cold and wet, course on Sailsbury plain was a little dusty if anything!

fizzer
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    I’ll probably go out for an hour or so soon, just got a new road bike so fancy going for a spin. Its cold, wet and windy here, I imagine the grizedale challenge was wonderful

I did the Grizedale, it was wet, very wet 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I bet my day was crapper than all yours. Got to work at 06.45 to see a paramedics car outside the prison, & thought ‘oh oh’, sent straight to the wing & sure enough my fears were realised, a ‘death in custody’. Sh!t way to go at 35.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I did the Grizedale, it was wet, very wet

My mate went up to watch and he said a few people appeared to be sacking it off after the first lap and going home.

Ambrose

Some natural trails at Afan Argoed, plus the Black Run and Whites. Only met two guys on the trails all day.

Am I allowed to link to YouTube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jckj43ELIgI
    May contain some naughty words!

sharki
    Free Member

GT, like a summers day up there.

sharki
    Free Member

GT, like a summers day up there.

robdob
    Free Member

At church in the morning, then instead of a road ride with my mate who just got his first bike, stayed in bedtil just now with a horrific migraine. Gone now but that really wasn’t a fun 6 hours. And the day has gone now! Bah.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

At Dalby Forest building a pumptrack, then SingletrAction EGM, twas very productive.

handyman
    Free Member

was doing a local mtb race in New Jersey about 21 degrees and sunny, lovely day for ride, managed to start last and pass 4 people in the 1st lap am now relaxing at home

Bernaard
    Free Member

Did Dalby in the p1ssing rain and mist.
    Still not convinced it was worth the 3 hour drive though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Where the flip was everyone today?’ is closed to new replies.