• This topic has 21 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by robw1.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Where should I eat tonight – Melbourne
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Random STW recommendations please 🙂
    Went to a highly recommended Pizza place last night where they managed to deliver the starter after the Pizza, so anything else would be a bonus..

stoffel
    Free Member

There’s a fantastic fish n chip place down Maribrynong/Footscray way, but I can’tremeber what it’s caled.

nemesis
    Free Member
    Pook

Movida. Book now though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

looks good Pook, always thought it looked a bit chain. I might see if they can fit one in before I head out to little creatures dining hall or face the queue at Mama Sitas

BillMC

Followed by a pint in the Esplanade, St Kilda?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not going south of the river this time at night

kiwijohn

Chin Chin & then a drink at the Croft Institute (if you can find it). Failing that , The Supper Club.

Pook

Movida is with it for the graffiti nearby alone! Great food though and nice space. To be honest you won’t struggle in Melbourne – get into the lanes and take your pick

mrjmt
    Free Member

Stalactites.

Still not found Greek food anywhere near as good, including wife’s Greek family and various Greek islands.

bigrich

8bitburger.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheers guys ended up with a diner on Gertrude and off for the craft beer pub next. I’ve heard of stalactites but not in the same sentence as best Greek food ever. More cheap and funny where all the underworld stuff went down.

scandal42
    Free Member

Do yourself a favour and get down to the Chinese area and pig out on awesome dumpling goodness.

bigrich

Mrs. Parmas is a good choice for CBD microbrews.

pt0608
    Free Member

Hellenic Republic
    http://www.hellenicrepublic.com.au/

I used to live round the corner from this place. Wish I still did.

freddyg
    Free Member

If you fancy a trip to St Kilda, I can highly recommend “The George”. It’s a few years since I was there, but it was splendid!

pt0608
    Free Member

Or, if you like Chinese duck, Old Kingdom.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g255100-d727463-Reviews-Old_Kingdom_Chinese_Restaurant-Melbourne_Victoria.html

You ring up and book by stating the number of ducks you want.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Melbourne? ? ?

He means Melbourne in Derbyshire you lot!! 😆

The Chinese is open from 6…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Ask the hotel? And if you need a booking = decent restaurant by the river.

Fat-boy-fat

For tomorrow night, MoVida or Mediterraneo (in Middle Park). Both top bombing.

bigrich
    robw1
    Free Member

Movida is always good. Also Italian waiters club just off Bourke St, followed by cake and coffee at Peligrinos roud the corner. Two brilliant Melbourne (out of the way) institutions!).

For lunch Don Don on swanston st is brilliant too and dirt cheap. Some good Japanese place on clarendon st in south Melbourne too.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Where should I eat tonight – Melbourne’ is closed to new replies.