Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Where shall we ride this weekend? Any suggestions? South East, Sunday.
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Me and HackneyMincer are planning a beano outside the M25. Not going to the New Forest, as we’d have to get up 2 hours before we went to bed.

Bit bored with Holmbury Hill, and we’ve done Swinley loads. Fancy something a bit different. something with a bit of a view, gentle pootle, praps with some singletrack and that.

Any ideas? I’m sure there’s loads of places, but we’re being a bit lazy. Hopefully, the combined Borg-like consciousness of STW can offer up some inertesting ideas for a Sunday ride.

And if any of youse lot are riding somewhere, and don’t mind two urban dwellers tagging along, show us your local trails, we’d be up for trying it out.

As long as it’s within a couple of hours drive from east London, we don’t mind. We often travel along the M25, so I spose anywhere off that will do us.

Over to youse…

thomthumb
    Free Member

southdowns, there are lots of good loops starting brightpn/ shoreham/ washington or lewes.

and good pubs too.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Pubs, you say… 🙂

Aidy
    Free Member

Bucks Off Road thingy?

yossarian
    Free Member

plenty of stuff down in east Kent plus kiss me quick hats, cockles, winkles and oyster beer to make you cockerneys feel at home 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

South Downs sounds good. Is there owt technical there. or is it all pootling paths?

Will we see the sea?

Anywhere else?

cchris2lou

The north downs around peaslake .

RudeBoy
    Free Member

As I said, I’m a bit bored with Holmbury Hill, and the others nearby are quite simliar.

I fancy just getting out for the day and having a nice ride, more than going mad. New Forest wooduv been ideal, but they want to start at 6am or something stupid. We’ve got a 2hr + journey before we start, down to there. S’just not feasible.

JamesP
    Free Member

Check out http://www.bucksoffroadsportive.co.uk

30km, 70km, 100km and a wopping 121km of the Chiltern’s finest.

Online entry has closed but you can sign up on the day.

oldgit
    Free Member

M25>M40 for the Chilterns or is that too far?

JamesP
    Free Member

Likely be closer than the North Downs.

thomthumb
    Free Member

southdowns is a good mix of tech and pootling. dunno how tech you think tech is. if that makes sense? you will indeed see the sea. that is ace! there are some good links here http://www.singletrackworld.com/trailguide/uk/south-east/the-south-downs/

but my personal favourite would be to do this decent (probably a few times) into the car park

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=514535&y=111874&z=120&sv=514535,111874&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=753&ax=514535&ay=111874&lm=0

sweaman2
    Free Member

thomthumb – I would disagree – Have you tried the one just to the East of there…. here

I much prefer it.

theflatboy
    Free Member
    RudeBoy
    Free Member

Nice one folks. Thanks for the suggestions.

Right. we’re going to try the South Downs thing, as Flatboy has suggested. Cheers mate.

Ah. Nice. Get out of The Smoke for a few hours, pootle about, enjoy the view, stop for a nice lunch, enjoy a pint…

Well looking forward to it now!

RudiBoy
    Free Member

rude boy

come and ride with me, I know a lovely dark forest we can get lost in

xxxx

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Where shall we ride this weekend? Any suggestions? South East, Sunday.’ is closed to new replies.