Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Where shall I ride next week (in Yorkshire).
  • ctznsmith
    Free Member

Up in Yorkshire next week where should I go and ride?

Dalby? (I've never been)
    Stainburn?
    Gisburn
    Somewhere else?

Philby

Depends where you are staying. I would suggest Dalby – really enjoyed it when I did it.

Simon

Gisburn isn't in Yorkshire.

ajf
    Free Member

Calderdale, Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors?

khani
    Free Member

dalbys good

Chew
    Free Member

The Shire is a big place, so if you narrow it down a bit.

No need for trail centres though. Plenty of excellent riding around Settle, anywhere over the Moors, Hebden bridge, Nidderdale……i could go on.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I'll mainly be in Leeds-ish, but will have a car and time on my hands, hence Gisburn being a possibility. Where are the best 'natural' places to ride that don't require masses of local knowledge?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Grab an O/S map & go to Pateley Bridge for the day.

Chew
    Free Member

STW = Settle

Anti clockwise. The decent down from Malham Tarn is excellent. 30 miles, but easy to shortern.

Settles only an hour from the centre for Leeds.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Chew that looks interesting.

Chew
    Free Member

Proper Dales riding, and most of its signposted so you may be able to get away without a map.

Superfast and dry at the moment. Although wet dales grass and limestone make things 'interesting'

vario_99
    Free Member

The Ogden circular from Halifax.

mark_b
    Free Member

Proper Dales riding,

Careful – you'll open up the north verses South/double tracks across moorland verses wooded singletrack debate again.

Circuit round Pately Bridge and the reservoirs north of it is great. If you have time the NY Moors are also good – park at Sutton Bank and head north. Or head over to Rosedale.

The trail centres that there are are also very good – Stainburn if you like it rocky.

If you can find some locals to show you round there's miles and miles of good riding round Leeds itself.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Locals available during the day in the week…any students, unemployed or shift workers on here? 🙄

I might go to Stainburn one morning/afternoon as it was the first place I rode last year after a 10 year break of not riding a mountain bike. So I'd like to gauge how my skills are progressing…not much is probably the answer.

oxnop
    Free Member

Dependent upon how long you want to be out I would say do something natural.

I wouldn't bother with Gisburn or any other trail centre. You could do a Ogden/Hebden loop which would be around 25 miles and would include some of the nicest/techyest descents in the north of England (IMO)

From Leeds you would be at the start of the ride within 35mins (ish)

ton

ctznsmith
    what day are you thinking about riding mate.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

ton

might be able to have a day for the queen.
    could guide you round a ogden loop……tis good.

i will let you know.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

That'd be awesome ton. I warn you now I am not a riding god*! 😉

*Plus I have the weekender between then and now to properly injure myself. 🙄

ton

are you staying in leeds.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Probably Yeadon early part of the week and Leeds Tuesday/Wednesday night although I haven't actually confirmed that with my hosts! 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Where shall I ride next week (in Yorkshire).’ is closed to new replies.