• This topic has 93 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by reeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Where is the iPad?
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Is it an iPad Mini? If so, then inside the video recorder.

She has access to a time machine????!!!

Daffy

Down the sides or back of a the sofa? Despite being big, they’re thin and stiff and can get pushed quite far down/into the sofa.

Trapped between the mattress and the bed frame?

funkmasterp

She has access to a time machine????!!!

at this point it wouldn’t surprise me.

Looked under and behind both beds and lifted the mattresses off the frames.

ads678

Has she relisted it in the classifieds?

Latest Classified Ads

No idea why that didn’t work, but it screwed up my attempt at being funny….

should have been a link to this

pootlingpixie

Wow you have much more patience than I would have (IANAP), particularly since this is something that is not solely used by Funkette. Doesn’t sound like this is very fair on Funk Jr. Sorry Funkette – we’re going to have to put your birthday presents back because we need to buy a new iPad so Funk Jr can do their school stuff, of course if the old iPad turned up …

funkmasterp

Yeah, we’re more laid back than that and it’s amusing more than anything. She’s five, even if it was hidden on purpose she’ll have forgotten where by now!

description makes sense so no 😂

matt_outandabout

Down the sides or back of a the sofa? Despite being big, they’re thin and stiff and can get pushed quite far down/into the sofa.

Mrs_oab’s work iPad, in humongous waterproof case, slipped down our old sofa. Find my iPad had it squarking away – and rolling sofa on its back revealed the iPad on the lining material. One quick cut of the under lining had it out.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Our sofa has a gap down the side of the arms that goes right down into the inside, below the springy bit under the seat cushions. TV remote was in there for weeks before we found it, along with pens, scissors, tissues, Lord Lucan, Buster Crabbe, Shergar…[you get the picture]
    Could check there. I know sofas have already been done, etc.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Also, stuff that gets put in the drawers of divan beds has a tendency to fall out and be lying inside the carcass of the bed. Found no end of photos in there recently (in mine, not yours!).

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Stroke of genius my Funk Jr to get out of doing homework. My second guess is its in the bathroom behind the toilet/ sink or in the cistern. Well done Funk Jr they deserve a big birthday cake for the most ingenious hiding place.

haloric
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – passport is under the lid on the printer/scanner if its anything like our last panic search.

ipad is down the side of the bed but half trapped under the mattress.

cogglepin

Couch cushions got zips on them? Mine have, would be a good hiding place.

ayjaydoubleyou

description makes sense so no 😂

but if you want it [shameless classified promotion on the main forum], as mentioned before, the current one will appear 30 seconds after you buy it.

I have 3 swiss army knives by this method.

charliedontsurf

in the freezer?

Under the dog bed. 5 year olds think dogs like watching things too.

Do you have a shredder?

Crawl around the house, so your line of vison is at the same level as a 5 year old… you may see things that you have never seen before!!!

Maybe if you explain to Funkette, that she needs the ipad to watch more Waffle The Dog… she may have a sudden return of memory???

This is sooo exciting.

funkmasterp

Operation screen time down will commence in earnest tomorrow.

Olly
    Free Member

Tried walking around the house bellowing “hey siri” at it?

winston
    Free Member

“Yeah, we’re more laid back than that”

Real life Modern Parents (one for the Viz readers)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Two weeks? I’m going to lay odds that’s gone to school/nursery/Park etc etc in a bag.

A colleague who has a child that went through a phase of hiding things then denying it, arranged for someone else to come round and see him, ask him about various missing things then tell him, quite loudly, if he couldn’t keep track of a TV remote, ipod, keys etc etc, there was no way they were allowed a puppy. (obviously the procurement of a puppy is optional)

The things turned up, Christmas stocking like, overnight. What hadn’t been expected was this included the missing and expensive to replace/resynch heating controller from which the battery had been removed (requiring a screwdriver the kid didn’t have) after it had been set at 23°.

Turns out, the kid saw her mother hide the the heating control, so it couldn’t be turned back down below sauna, then deny it and thought this was a jolly jape to play on dearest daddy…

funkmasterp

“Yeah, we’re more laid back than that”

Real life Modern Parents (one for the Viz readers)

Not going to chastise a small child over misplacing an iPad. Setting fire to the house, breaking something on purpose etc would be different. She’s five (today) not fifteen!

Two weeks? I’m going to lay odds that’s gone to school/nursery/Park etc etc in a bag.

Doesn’t leave the house and we pack her school bag.

FB-ATB

It was the one where the dad makes up the swimming pools are fun song. That one gets played a lot.

Not without an iPad!

Daffy

Apple iCloud should tell you its last known location. Mine’s usually accurate to a corner of our house which has helped track things down in the past.

philstone

Having found this through FGF, we need an update!

pnik

Like philstone I am now invested. I’d also like to suggest the gap between the top of a fridge, washing machine and the work surface as a perfect place of concealment at about 5 year olds line of sight too. floorboard gaps are surprisingly variable too. I lost a pack of figurine panini World Cup 78 stickers inside the door of our cortina estate. I wasn’t allowed to dismantle the door to retrieve it either. I’ll never know if Archie Gemmel was in there.

bongle

Does she have a toy pram with a parcel shelf underneath?

And check absolutely any bags in the house.   Our 4 year old used to copy her mum, and that seemed to involve stashing phones and keys in bags and prams

Good luck!

reeksy

I’ll never know if Archie Gemmel was in there.

I mean he wasn’t a big guy, but still…

seadog101

Under the washing machine or fridge? I’d be starting low and look for all the places someone of that height could reach or slot it into.

somafunk

Have you thought about giving your daughter another iPad with find my iPad enabled and telling to hide it?

itsallgood

Airing cupboard, low down?

reeksy

Ok, this is getting silly. Can we all come round and help?

funkmasterp

Been through each room logically and pulled out drawers, cupboards and any other potential hideouts. Nothing, no iPad. Mrs F didn’t set up the find function on it either, so no wonder that didn’t work! Last chance saloon is behind the shoe cupboard but it is a pita to move.

FB-ATB

It’ll be in the last place you look

StuF

Have you checked the recycling bin outside? That’s where the shed keys ended up recently, luckily the bin had been emptied the day before so the keys were easy to spot.

fettlin

Any windows partially open at the time?  Posted out of the house through a window crack, sat in the garden behind a bush…

gazzab1955

Got a letter box? She could have posted it thru and some unscrupulous person picked it up outside.

funkmasterp

Found it! Disassembled the sofa and it was in part of the rear that adjusts the headrests. Crack in the corner of the screen but otherwise in full working order.

LAT

My money is on dishwasher

thanks, but they are looking for a ipad.

bigdaddy

Yay!!!

dove1

Phew!

didnthurt

We have closure, hooray! 🎉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thank god, I’ll be able to sleep tonight.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.