Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Where is my passport???
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

I am planning to leave the country for a week’s riding on Wednesday, and I can’t find my passport. Anyone seen the blighter?

It isn’t in my Big File of Important Stuff, or in the wicker basket of things I can’t be bothered to put somewhere sensible, and it doesn’t seem to be in my messenger bag.

Any thoughts? 😯

Cheers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looked in your ManDrawer?

Stoner
    Free Member

is it where you put keep your spare dollars and euros?

how about the same place as your E111 card?

miketually
    Free Member

It’s over there

——————>

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If you find it, can you see if my jeans are there too. I had a pair that have vanished – most peculiar.

BigDummy
    Free Member

ManDrawer terrifying empty of travel documents, although it does contain a number of pairs of battered spectacles and some whistful looking condoms. ****.

Do I need an E111? That’s a whole new can’o’worms… 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

Do I need an E111?

if you cant find your passport you dont 🙂

singlespeedstu

Is it under the fridge?

miketually
    Free Member

Have you found it yet?

Tried ctrl+F?

Soup
    Free Member

You’re making a simple and typical mistake. Don’t try the places where it should be – look in all the places it shouldn’t be. I would start with the fridge and go from there.

noteeth
    Free Member

Try the looking-for-a-random-piece-of-Lego trick – look for something else, and it will turn up…

antigee

think about other things you may have used it for – i once decided to take the camera home and leave the passport on the car roof instead

or have you been to pick up any parcels?
    crb checks?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Get a woman to look for it!! he he she will find it in no time at all!!??

noteeth
    Free Member

he he she

Do you actually mean a “woman”? 😀

tinribz
    Free Member

just keep looking in the same places over and over again.

Works for me.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Bigdummy – if you live with a woman she has probably tidied it up to somewhere totally logical to her but utterly illogical to you.

Its always in the last place you look…… 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

Get a woman to look for it!! he he she will find it in no time at all!!??

that’s only because said woman will have “put it away for you” somewhere obscure and illogical in the first place!

EDIT: hahaha coffeeking and I are married to similar women I bet 🙂

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Maybe it has run off with mrs singlespeeddan’s passport as it is awol also. Try down the back of the sofa, thats where mine was. 😕

miketually
    Free Member

Did you find it yet?

MrNutt
    Free Member

lay on the floor, imagine you are a passport, remember where you had been last, think back to the moment you were carried in through the door.. ..etc

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The woman trick works for me. I lost a copy of Call of Duty and I thought it was in my work bag. I took everything out and it wasn’t there. I went to ask my wife and she said that she thought it was in my work bag so I looked again and it was there.

Perhaps she is a witch.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Zen-like calm has descended. 🙂

I think it’s gone AWOL while schlepping to Croydon to pick up a parcel, some weeks back. Although I am struggling to imagine myself as a passport lying in the gutter in Croydon I’m getting some quite powerful Croydon-ish passport vibes.

The woman suggested she might have put it in her underwear drawer, but she was dead wrong.

Nevermind. Re-booked flights, re-booked accomodation, Is till ahve it all to look forward to and I’ll have a new passport by the time I actually get to go…

Cheers all!

miketually
    Free Member

The woman suggested she might have put it in her underwear drawer, but she was dead wrong.

If that’s where it was, you’d have found it last time you were in the house alone 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Do what I do. Have two (helps to have two nationalities at this stage), leave both with your other half. That way if you take one out for a trip, you always have a spare. I’m so crap with passports that I travel with both frequently because I’ve destroyed more than one passport accidentally.

BigDummy
    Free Member

[chuckles at Mike] 🙂

IHN

Is it in a folder at your parents’ house, even though they swear blind that they haven’t got it, and you’ve even gone to the trouble of reporting it’s loss to the police?

Mine was.

molgrips
    Free Member

It might be with the extension lead for my lupines.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And the battery pack for my Rush light. 🙁

DavidB
    Free Member

My Mum always asks St Anthony where things are. Only works if you believe in God I think?

molgrips
    Free Member

I think I lost the extension lead out on the trail – improbable, but it’s the only answer. The weird thing is I had two, and the other one’s nowhere to be found either.

mudshark
    Free Member

Do you look under things? I swear something’s disappeared when all that’s needed is to lift a magazine.

I’ve had to apply for replacement passports on 2 occassions, the 1st lost one turned up the day the replacement arrived and then I lost the replacement and the 1st one again so got another then the 1st one turned up again…been told that if I have to apply again they’ll do some investigation so given it to the wife to look after….

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am usually the one in our house who finds things, which gives me some confidence that it really has gone somewhere wierd. That said it will presumably crawl out of the woodwork now I’ve cancelled everything. 😉

ourmaninthenorth

This has got me all paranoid.

I’m going away in four weeks – do you think this is enough time to locate my passport?

boobs

molgrips, did your light not go out?

grievoustim
    Free Member

never take your passport out the house as some kind of Id for parcel pick up

I’m sure thats how I lost mine

I’m always loosing clothes – every t -shirt i own that i like always goes missing.

chakaping
    Free Member

Jacket pocket from last time you were travelling home?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, but I turned it off deliberately. When I leave the woods on the way home I take off the helmet light and just ride with the bar mounted one. During the process of putting the helmet light away I think I must’ve dropped the lead. I could probably go back to the spot where I usually stop to take it off and check the floor…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

With my battery, I KNOW I had it in the house as I had used it when exploring the loft. I have since treble-checked the loft and (because of having an extension built) have moved every single thing in my outhouse and understairs cupboard where I keep all my bits.

I did lend it to my business partner but he says there was no battery when I gave the bag to him (which was when it first came to light).

Grr

(especially big grr as Rush have gone bust so I can’t get a new one).

molgrips
    Free Member

Did you check under the loft insulation?

Making battery packs is fairly easy btw.

Stoner
    Free Member

mastiles – I thought smudge’s company made the batteries for Rush anyway, so he should be able to sort your out with a spare pretty easily.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Where is my passport???’ is closed to new replies.