Viewing 23 posts - 161 through 183 (of 183 total)
  • Where is going to get torched tonight?
  • yunki
    Free Member

we need to start building communities instead of reservations to hold in the natives.

+1

ooof.. that comment hits the spot

GrahamS

😛

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

You can use reasonable force to protect yourself, your property and to prevent crimes.

However you may well still get arrested, DNA profiled, questioned, kept in the cells overnight, bailed, and sent home with the threat of prosecution hanging over your head for months before being cleared.

Most normal, sensible, law abiding people people see this in itself as an indication that they have broken the law, and a sanction or punishment in itself – and feel that the police, in doing so, are treating them unfairly and treating them AS a criminal, for doing nothing wrong.

Aristotle
    Free Member

It’s not relevant to the current situation, but the last major, non-political, disturbance in Manchester was caused by a group of Rangers fans…..

Glass houses, stones etc.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Pish Zulu – you might get hit by a meteorite.

You are just perpetuating the myth. Its a load of bollox.

D0NK

However you may well still get arrested, DNA profiled, questioned, bailed, and sent home with the threat of prosecution hanging over your head for months before being cleared

well if a man is found dead in your home and you say “well he broke in” I wouldn’t want the police to just say “oh, ok we’ll take the body and go, sorry to intrude” it might be a good idea for the police to verify the details first.

Lifer
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

“its refusal to broaden the sources of financing of public services, its desire to increase foreign aid and its acquiescence to handing more cash to the EU

and trapped and dependent on welfare

permanently chuck welfare money at sink estates”

Perhaps you missed those bits…

No I read it but it doesn’t say anywhere what the 50% GDP figure relates to.

Brycey
    Free Member

What’s your point Aristotle, I’m confused?

Aristotle
    Free Member

Brycey – Member

What’s your point Aristotle, I’m confused?

cf. the Scotland v. England post above.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Pish Zulu – you might get hit by a meteorite.

You are just perpetuating the myth. Its a load of bollox.

So, its a myth that

However you may well still get arrested, DNA profiled, questioned, kept in the cells overnight, bailed, and sent home with the threat of prosecution hanging over your head for months before being cleared.

Thats a myth is it TJ

Are you saying that does not happen in cases of self defence?

Yes or no?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jul/27/manchester-shopkeeper-arrested-fatal-stabbing

Funnily enough – wasn’t Winston Silcott originally sent to prison for a murder that he claims, and witnesses support, that he acted in self defence 😉

Aristotle
    Free Member

Let’s not distracted, chaps.

We’re building a better society here!

Jamie
    Free Member

Phil:

Meanwhile in Canada…..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Meanwhile in Canada…..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3n_ifSoCtg[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC5qM_JGT-E&feature=related[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes. That is where that .gif comes from. Just thought I would point it out, as some might think it’s from our own spot of bother.

…but feel free to post some more videos of the post hockey match riot, for some reason.

kimbers
    Gary_C

Meanwhile in Canada…..

Err…you do know that the Vancouver riot happened for just ONE night on the 16th June, dont you ??

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So? Still happened, din’t it? Not for the first time in Vancouver either.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeqBbK_JWeM[/video]

No city is without it’s problems.

Brycey
    Free Member

cf. the Scotland v. England post above.

So your point is everyone in Scotland is a Rangers supporter?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yes. That is where that .gif comes from. Just thought I would point it out, as some might think it’s from our own spot of bother.

…but feel free to post some more videos of the post hockey match riot, for some reason.

Err, I think we’re in agreement that other cities aren’t without their own problems…

Vancouver was mentioned somewhere earlier I think as an example of a nice, peaceful city without problems. I was just pointing out the truth…

yunki
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

Vancouver was mentioned somewhere earlier I think as an example of a nice, peaceful city without problems. I was just pointing out the truth…

No it wasn’t though. The first mention of anything Canadian, was me pointing out the pic that Phil posted was from the Vancouver riot earlier this year.

Just seems strange to start beating on another city for no apparent reason.

Meh.

SaxonRider

@Elfinsafety: I normally agree with a lot of what you say, but not this time…

There is a HUGE difference between what is unfolding around England right now, and what happened in Vancouver at the end of the NHL season.

The Vancouver riot:

1)unfolded over the course of 24 hours

2)was widely and immediately condemned by everyone, including the CBC (i.e. there was no bullshit language about ‘protestors’)***See clip below

3)was immediately tackled by a combination of police forces, authorised to do whatever was necessary to stop it

4)withing days, there were apologies pouring into the public sphere via social media sites and the press from the alcohol-fueled students, and others, who participated.

5)the looting aspect was minimal; it was more about vandalism

The London riots:

1)have already gone on FAR FAR LONGER than they would have in Canada

2)have been given ‘fair hearing’ by the BBC in its use of language… as if anything that has unfolded since the shooting was remotely political

3)the political response has been slow and insufficient

4)the participants we have heard from have so far been remorseless; we shall see if there are any words of apology when the dust settles

5)the scale of looting indicates that it is all about materialistic opportunism

Sorry, but I do find the English have a habit of saying that, well, other places have their difficulties too. Of course they do, but I would strongly argue that many of those places are more realistic and effective at dealing with them. Britain has some serious social problems all its own that desperately need to be addressed, and that we are getting some glimpse of over the course of these riots.

Deflecting them by saying that other countries have their problems too is to misunderstand other countries’ issues, and to avoid the issues here.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plqafS-ex9U[/video]

SaxonRider

These comments cohere well with what I said above.

Viewing 23 posts - 161 through 183 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘Where is going to get torched tonight?’ is closed to new replies.