Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Where is everyone buying their second hand stuff now?
  • TheGhost
    Free Member

The new classified section isn’t seeing much action.

Where is everyone trading their parts now?

I need to get some parts. Before I could almost be guaranteed the stuff I’d need would pop up within a couple of weeks.

winston
    Free Member

facebook selling groups

rOcKeTdOg

new classifieds

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pink bike has always been way better than the classifieds on here, unless yer after some mad obscure singlespeed bikepacking thing.

ibnchris

I just sold two bikes and a pair of forks and bought a lovely bike. Working well for me 🙂

Think people are just struggling a bit with the ‘change’ so it might not appear so active but once folk realise how much easier is it to post pics etc I reckon it will pick up. The boosted ads make it look less active than it really is

djglover
    Free Member

Facebook marketplace, cycletrader and Yorkshire cycle sales

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not shopped much in the UK but Facebook groups and Pinkbike do really well

rOcKeTdOg by STW the new fragrance of sponsorship 😉

geex
    Free Member

What do you need Ghosty?
    I have a ton of stuff I should have listed on the classifieds before they “improved” it

chakaping
    Free Member

PB & Ebay.

cdoc
    Free Member

I have a ton of stuff I should have listed on the classifieds before they “improved” it

I think this true of many people. While the new classifieds are better in terms of pic hosting, required info ect, it makes putting up a few little bits and bobs somewhat long winded in comparison to the old setup.
    I mean, I like the idea of the new classifieds and it is an improvement for a given value of improvement, however the ‘no browser extension’ thing is a bit of a kicker considering the sheer amount of information pillaging, errant scripts and trackers that are going on behind the scenes, as well as the advertisements that are definitely not an ads in the side bar.

Curates egg, innit?

ton

not on here, because it is now shyte.

and i have a load of stuff to shift.

matt_outandabout

Pinkbike and Facebook groups.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

What FB groups are people finding the best?

jekkyl

There’s guy who stands down the corner by the Dog n’ Duck, big dirty Mac, you can’t miss him.

tomhoward

Has anyone asked the classifieds only users? As they haven’t mentioned any issues?

oldnpastit

Pinkbike.

russyh
    Free Member

I have been using Pibkbike, but I have a load of stuff to shift, likelyhood being I just won’t bother until it becomes enough of a problem then do a Facebook/pinkbike/eBay clear out.

hooja
    Free Member

I’d love to agree with those saying, the new classifieds are fine but… I have been looking for parts too and hardly any have been posted, compared to the old listings.
    Replies to wanted posts have also diminished too.
    Sellers also never seem to see messages either, as non ever reply… or maybe it’s just me

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Ton, as a regular customer I’ve sent you a pm

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Another vote for Pinkbike, it just works well for buying and selling.

I’ve bought and sold a few things on here over the years as well as using Pinkbike and stuff would get way more interest and sell quicker on Pinkbike so I gave up using the classifieds on here before the change.

I can see what they were trying to do with the new classifieds and having different categorys is an improvement but it’s not as user friendly.

Drac

I need to get some parts. Before I could almost be guaranteed the stuff I’d need would pop up within a couple of weeks.

20% of the time someone would post the items 100% of the time.

Have you tried posting a wanted and?

Mister-P
    Free Member

If I had a quid for every thread on STW about the new classifieds I wouldn’t need to sell any bike bits.

nixie

Nor me MrP

doomanic

It’s a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Everyone is saying the new Classifieds are shit, so no one is using them so they’re shit.

J273
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend any decent facebook groups for buying bits?

Thanks

cb200
    Free Member

MTB Bay on Facebook seems pretty active. I’ve bought and sold stuff on there before pretty easily.

I’ve just put an ad for winter boots on these classifieds and a duplicate on MTB Bay – so will soon see which place shifts them more effectively.

Drac

27 Ads in 24 hours all these Classifieds threads migth be helping things too.

scotroutes

Drac – “browsing” the new For Sale section would be easier if it didn’t contain Wanted ads too. Do you know if there are plans to remove those?

Drac

I’m not sure if there is or not, I do find that a little clumsy too.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’ve just listed my Hightower frame and my cube XC bike on here and Pinkbike for now. I’ll probably give it a week then add them to some of the Facebook groups.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like the new classifieds. It’s easy to use and upload pictures.

Trying to avoid eBay due to the high fees and chancers.

Drac

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like the new classifieds.

Only 5 people actually don’t liket it they just don’t shut up about it and one of those waa using it before the old one closed. 😂

TheGhost
    Free Member

I think the new classifieds are ok. They are just empty. There used to be a huge amount of stuff ticking through all the time. Now it hardly ever changes.

chakaping
    Free Member

To be blunt, I’m just not interested in a sub-pinkbike classifieds offering.
    The loss of the old ones’ USP is a shame… But let’s move on and leave them to the hordes of happy customers we are assured are enjoying them.
    One thought though: can we repurpose the old classified forum for threads complaining about the new classifieds?

cb200
    Free Member

Further to my earlier post where I posted ads on Facebook and Singletrack classifieds at the same time, Singletrack is the clear winner, with a buyer on day one.

Drac

There used to be a huge amount of stuff ticking through all the time. Now it hardly ever changes.

24 new adverts since your original post.

russyh
    Free Member

Drac, is that aimed at me? Because yes I used the new system, in fact I was all for it when mark launches it (check my post history) but that was on the basis of promises to change and development in the system. Also before asking customers who had already paid to be a member online to have a limited number of ads. Plus I never sold anything on the system. It always sold by other means first. But there is no point having a conversation with you bout it as it’s not your call, plus we get bamboozled with stats we can’t verify either way.

It isn’t going to bring the old classifieds back and given the amount of crap that’s been flying about I cannot ever see any humble pie being eaten.

scotroutes

Further to my earlier post where I posted ads on Facebook and Singletrack classifieds at the same time, Singletrack is the clear winner, with a buyer on day one.

Was it Drac?

rOcKeTdOg

rOcKeTdOg by STW the new fragrance of sponsorship 😉

?

Drac

Also before asking customers who had already paid to be a member online to have a limited number of ads.

This again. You’re allowed more now then the previous classifieds.

plus we get bamboozled with stats we can’t verify either way.

Count the ads in the last 24 hours.

No it wasn’t me Scotroutes as a loyal customer I got sent so me for free.

ton

24 new adverts since your original post.

i used to do 24 adverts a week myself. not done any since the change, guess why?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Where is everyone buying their second hand stuff now?’ is closed to new replies.