Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Where have you been cycling this weekend? (& pics?)
  • colournoise

Gentle little local bridleway pootle. First ride for a week after my knee swelling thanks to a van/knee interface while climbing in in a hurry…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

lowey – Member

A day spent getting utterly drenched on some hills in the lakes on Saturday.

Brilliant riding up there Dave, even in shit weather. Cracking descent.

bikebouy
    Free Member

My lot did our MSR tribute, London to Hayling Island. 56 peeps with grins. I did the support and logistical organisation because I’m not riding these days.

Bunnyhop

Just a pootle around my local Marple trails.
    Weather was awful, making all the descents a running stream.
    Bumped into my good friend Iain and said hello to an awful lot of other mtbers, also braving the rain and wind.

Came home with the biggest smile.

lowey

Brilliant riding up there Dave, even in shit weather. Cracking descent.

Aye mate… one of my favorite bit of tracks made even more challenging by not being able to see it.

Came home with the biggest smile.

Brilliant. Thats what its all about.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Had the choice of driving north, west or south to go riding on saturday. Looked at the forecast, went south to Swaledale. Bit windy, but a good route choice avoiding the headwind in the valley mostly, then up Gunnerside Gill and back over Great Pinseat.

First decent ride on the 27.5+ Codeine, and its brilliant.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Not here for the view…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/T49XoE]2017-03-20_01-44-20[/url] by Bruce Ritchie, on Flickr

scotroutes

roverpig – Member
    I was idly perusing the Strava heat map when I noticed some tracks on a nearby hill that I’d never ridden. So I went out to rectify that.

Err, where is that? The tracks look quite bizarre.

roverpig

Err, where is that? The tracks look quite bizarre.

It’s Meikle Balloch near Keith, although the picture is rather deceptive. They’ve dressed some of the paths (quite recently I’d guess) with stones, but while this extends quite a way down the path to the right in that picture it only covers a very short distance near the summit on the other two paths.

It’s not a particularly large area and I can imagine that it might get a bit busy in summer, but I can see why it is popular. There is a nice gentle climb then a choice of three descents with a nice mix of surfaces; boggy, loose, smooth and really quite rooty in places.

bigfoot
    Free Member

A day spent getting utterly drenched on some hills in the lakes on Saturday.

where’s the second pic at? looks familier but cant figure out where it is.

lowey

Here you go.

nedrapier

I tried out a route home I’d not done before. part of the London to Brighton off road route, then west through Hascombe, avoiding as much road as possible. Second half was new to me, scoped out on the map.

I shan’t be doing that again any time soon! Loads of this (this is downhill) plus a headwind. Took my 5 hours to do 35 miles. And I got chucked off hard onto my back. Still sore. I’d say it’s one to forget, but it’s more one to remember carefully!

bigfoot
    Free Member

Here you go.

cheers, recognize it now. when i’ve come down there i’ve always ridden the upper decent.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Where have you been cycling this weekend? (& pics?)’ is closed to new replies.